website statistics

Women's Curling Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

really? robberies football/basketball-alike also in Curling??? c'mon, man!!! :facepalm::wall:

however, how stupid are those Italian girls? do they really have to think about strategy in a situation like this? :yikes:

it's so easy...you have the hammer...just make the 9th end void and keep the hammer for the 10th...then you just have to play for the final draw...

so...just sweep all those stones away until the last one...:evil::wall:

Edited by phelps

just a bunch of idiots! Gaspari & co. are just a bunch of idiots...

they didn't get a single decision right in the last 3+1 ends and, moreover, they also made a lot of throwing mistakes...frankly, I don't know how such a team even got to this point...

they did clearly show that they don't belong to this level of play and didn't deserve to win...

but, despite that, I still have to understand what happened in the last shot of the 8th end (or, better, why Denmark got the benefit of the call after that very long dispute)...that was definitely the turning point of the entire match...

p.s. the last shot by Dupont wasn't that "amazing"...it was just a lucky ending for a missed shot (Danish "3rd" placing before the shot and their coach's facial expression after it says it all)...;)

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

but, despite that, I still have to understand what happened in the last shot of the 8th end (or, better, why Denmark got the benefit of the call after that very long dispute)...that was definitely the turning point of the entire match...

Italians touched their stone with a broom. Simple as that. Doesn't matter when they touched it, as long as it was after the first hog line. Camera shows it and Italians admitted it themselves.

How is lucky not amazing? Though, that really was a perfect precision.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Italians touched their stone with a broom. Simple as that. Doesn't matter when they touched it, as long as it was after the first hog line. Camera shows it and Italians admitted it themselves.

if that's the only point, it's all clear and simple...so, still I don't understand all the rest of the following dispute, though...:mumble:

however, Italy still had the game in their hands even after that silly and unforgivable mistake...and they did throw the Olympic qualification away also in the 9th and once again in the 10th...

I'm so angry about their decision-making...:wall: