website statistics

Women's Curling Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like :CHN:ITA:DEN will advance to the play-offs.

It's not a sure thing, but hopefully Danish team at least won't flop against winless Finland...

Italy and China are surely through...

among the leading 3, only Denmark are not mathematically in yet...

Italy and China (both ending the round robin phase with a 5-1 record) will play for the first Olympic spot tonight at 7 p.m. CET...

the losers will have another chance in the last repechage round against Denmark (4-2 their record in the round robin phase) tomorrow (noon CET)...

c'mon, girls!!! :fingers:

China's team is playing terrible right now. It really should be 2-2 right now, but because of some huge mistakes by the Chinese teams Italy leads 3-1 (with hammer) after two ends.

Edit: Italy's turn to play terribly. They gave away a steal of 3 (!) in the third, and they aren't playing well in the 4th either.

Edited by NearPup

typical from Gaspari...when it really matters, she doesn't understand anything anymore...:facepalm::wall:

and I'm pretty sure that even tomorrow against Denmark they will do something stupid sooner or later, so to lose this giant chance they have to earn the first ever qualification to the Games for Italy (we only participated in Torino 2006 as hosts, if I remember correctly)...

Final score is 11-4 for China. Congrats to :CHN for qualifying for their third Olympics in a row. Also the second Olympics in a row where there where three teams from Asia in the women's tournament, which very much vindicates the decision to expand the world championship field IMO.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

typical from Gaspari...when it really matters, she doesn't understand anything anymore...:facepalm::wall:

and I'm pretty sure that even tomorrow against Denmark they will do something stupid sooner or later, so to lose this giant chance they have to earn the first ever qualification to the Games for Italy (we only participated in Torino 2006 as hosts, if I remember correctly)...

Yes, you're right. And it's from 1998 that Italy doesn't qualify a team (Ice hockey or curling) at OG

11 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, you're right. And it's from 1998 that Italy doesn't qualify a team (Ice hockey or curling) at OG

void filled...:d

the guys fly to Korea...now let's wait and see what the girls can do (but I'm not confident in Gaspari at all)...

Edited by phelps