Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

rybak    265

Very sad end of the day, I feel so dissapointed that I even don't know what Kamil and especially Stefan feels, he lost his life chance for medal :cry:

Edit: And Wellinger again had his damn luck, wind and judges help him to win, Olympic spirit is broken as cheater take gold...

Edited by rybak
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

bestmen    468
Just now, thepharoah said:

guys , who're the medalist , because the official site are mixing results !! 

Gold :GER  silver :NOR  bronze :NOR

• Like 1

VolleyRuller96    126

I think the emotions should water down a bit by now... but still, I am speechless :cry:

This was possibly Hula's only chance for an olympic medal :(

Pavlo    47
3 minuty temu, VolleyRuller96 napisał:

I think the emotions should water down a bit by now... but still, I am speechless :cry:

maybe if he did it in Zakopane

mentality? Maybe, he should have a medal, he jumped very so so

rybak    265
8 minut temu, VolleyRuller96 napisał:

I would want believe that Stefan still can take medal in large hill..

VolleyRuller96    126
13 minutes ago, rybak said:

I would want believe that Stefan still can take medal in large hill..

I meant to say his final chance on an normal hill

hckosice    1,003

Men´s Individual Normal Hill

1. Andreas Wellinger :GER 259.3, 2. Johann Andre Forfang :NOR 250.9, 3. Robert Johansson :NOR 249.7

Full Results HERE

Andreas+Wellinger+Ski+Jumping+Winter+Oly

Shiffrin    5

I loved the ending, it was intense and I felt like the medalists deserved it. It’s always a nice day when there’s no fluke medalists at Olympic Games.

Not the biggest Wellinger fan but seeing his reaction was pretty sweet. Doubt he can replicate the success on the large hill though.

Gigs    5

I recorded the event and wanted to watch it later today, but due to the many delays I missed the final :mad:

Also after Wellinger completely bigheadedly called himself the man to beat after the trainings I just thought, please ski jumping gods, anyone but him. I guess the result shows he was right but I just hate it when an athlete calls himself the favorite especially when it's not objectively true. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb rybak:

Very sad end of the day, I feel so dissapointed that I even don't know what Kamil and especially Stefan feels, he lost his life chance for medal :cry:

Edit: And Wellinger again had his damn luck, wind and judges help him to win, Olympic spirit is broken as cheater take gold...

I can understand that you are disappointed, I would be, too. But come on: It's not that Wellinger can control the wind. And his high Jury marks were deserved. And aside from that, he would have won gold even if all the judges had undeservedly given him two points less. 

Wellinger won two practice rounds in Pyeongchang, he won the qualifying and he is third in Overall World Cup standings. He's hardly an Olympic Champion by coincidence.  

And also, he didn't have great wind in first round. Freitag, Hola, Stoch, Forfang, Tande, Eisenbichler all had better. The only one of the top athletes today, who had worse wind than Wellinger in first round, was Johansson.

And in second round, of the best athletes, only Stoch and Freitag had it actually worse than Wellinger. The others had just as good wind: http://medias4.fis-ski.com/pdf/2018/JP/3096/2018JP3096RL.pdf