website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Uniforms

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

IIHF just published better pics of the jerseys. And yes the Slovakian one is just a total puke. This is just ... oh dear !  please redesign them ! PLEASE !

They all have basically a similiar design, the difference is that while some opted for only the nation name in full center (Germany, Korea, Norway, Slovakia, USA), others have only the emblem as the highlight (Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland). Canada and Russia were the "lucky" ones with both the emblem and name.

Don't you think that the national federations had a say in this? I mean, probably they have to approve the final design?

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

yes, all jerseys are a bit weird, but well, lets wait to see them on the ice. maybe it will look better than it look now.

But the SVK jersey is really awful. I miss the emblem we used to have in our jerseys since the late 90´s. It was something easy recognizable everywhere, now with only the name of the country in Slovak language and the small emblem on the chest, it look like kinda weird retro attempt of the 1994 Lillehammer jerseys

a4mxYtgWR-TQ_k8gY9nxmA~Slovensko-supler-

, really awful, I don´t like this jersey at all, I can not believe they allowed them to do it. I WANT BACK Our normal jerseys of the 2000´s

4-c3d303bd3e4280574940385e25dbb5443ee1fb

slovenske_narodni_dresy_2014_oba.jpg

Of these three images, the first one definitely looks the best :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That Finnish ice hockey jersey is freaking awesome :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Don't you think that the national federations had a say in this? I mean, probably they have to approve the final design?

that's what scares me the most on it. That it´s the federation who ordered it :( I sincerely hope that no, because, our hockey don´t need another such slap...nowadays with all problems we had, at least the jerseys were something we could be still proud of it

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

that's what scares me the most on it. That it´s the federation who ordered it :( I sincerely hope that no, because, our hockey don´t need another such slap...nowadays with all problems we had, at least the jerseys were something we could be still proud of it

Well we will all cheer for Slovakia and then they perform well which in the end matters much more than which jersey they wear :p 

In 2048 you'll tell your grandchildren about the time everyone was mad about the jersey until they won the gold in it and half of Slovakia was wearing it on the streets, in another of Grandpa HCKosice's Stories of Long Ago :old:

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Of these three images, the first one definitely looks the best :p 

yeah, well...

a4mxYtgWR-TQ_k8gY9nxmA~Slovensko-supler-

it´s from 1994 when we had as a "newby" to play the "C" category (nowadays Division II) world championships, because only CZE was allowed as the succesor country of Czechoslovakia to play directly in top division, same as Russia from ex-USSR....you can imagine the feelings of ours and ex-sovietic teams like BLR, UKR, KAZ or LAT to be send so down and to imagine the feelings of all other nations which suddenly got these opponents in their lower divisions,

ofc at least we asked to host the tournament we won and the next year the same in "B" category

here the video about the 1994 C category world championships, some teams never saw so much spectators in a hockey match,some teams played for the first time in front of such atmosphere for example Bulgaria :p our first opponent (the match ended 20:0) you can see at 28:20 in the video

and the images after the last final win over Belarus from 51:20

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well we will all cheer for Slovakia and then they perform well which in the end matters much more than which jersey they wear :p 

In 2048 you'll tell your grandchildren about the time everyone was mad about the jersey until they won the gold in it and half of Slovakia was wearing it on the streets, in another of Grandpa HCKosice's Stories of Long Ago :old:

Thanks for the support :cheer:

I think some of those uniforms are actually pretty good - Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Russia, Finland and Norway I really like. I have mixed feelings about Germany, the Czech Republic, South Korea and Canada. USA and Japan are meh, Slovakia's is just bad.

Can Nike not have the contract for Beijing please?

Edited by NearPup

• 3 weeks later...