website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Am 16.2.2018 um 03:50 schrieb Gigs:

Austrian TV already celebrating gold. Don't jinx it ffs. There are still guys like weibrecht on the start. 

When I posted this yesterday after mayer's gold run people said that's nonsense because no way someone could still beat him. After today I think you understand what I meant

1 hour ago, Gigs said:

When I posted this yesterday after mayer's gold run people said that's nonsense because no way someone could still beat him. After today I think you understand what I meant

I'm still having a hard time believing she has a chance of winning, and that's after watching her run like five times xD

1 hour ago, Gigs said:

I think yesterday most people already understood that, considering the pedigree of the Americans :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Gigs said:

I MISSED THE RACE BECAUSE MY ALARM DIDN'T WORK. FUUUUUUUUUUU*K :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Exactly my feeling after the Sochi downhill, when I woke up at bib 30 or something....

Spoiler

knowthatfeel.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really ... ? I think your chances in downhill are much better.

really...

surely, in downhill not coming back home with a medal (actually, the Gold medal) would be a huge fail...but also in super-G the expectations were high...

with Stuhec out of contention, Goggia is right now the most inconsistent but by far the quickest skier in the world...only Vonn at her best (but only on certain kind of track and course design, with no heavy, difficult turns to the right, since her left knee is no longer the one it used to be) can keep up with her...IF she doesn't make very big mistakes...

unfortunately, it happens once every too few times (and never at big events like Worlds and Olympics)...I mean, Goggia not making big mistakes...

she would/should have easily won this...:facepalm::wall:

and of course, she should (now...she MUST) win the downhill by literally seconds, not fractions...

but once again, I'm never optimistic with her...

meanwhile, Schnarf and Brignone did a very good race...I don't think the they could have done better than this (especially Brignone...on such a track she's not big, heavy enough to manage the very many flat sections)...pity for Johanna, who was already 4th in Vancouver 8 years ago (and missed the Sochi Games because of injuries)...

48 minutes ago, phelps said:

surely, in downhill not coming back home with a medal (actually, the Gold medal) would be a huge fail...

That's a little optimistic...especially considering the main Italian candidate is the queen of giving everything away.