website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Shiffrin:

Heartbreaking, especially since she was so close to a medal, which would at least kinda save the situation. But honestly, she looked like a shadow of herself today, not attacking the course in either run (except maybe the bottom part of the 2nd), so I presume she has not much energy. Hopefully she doesn’t start in Super-G tomorrow and rests for the DH

It's already safe that she won't start ...

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter18/story/_/id/22450731/mikaela-shiffrin-skip-super-g-compressed-schedule

Note the first line: Michael Shiffrin's bid for 5 gold medals ... :mumble:

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb OlympicsFan:

You are really good at seeing the negativ in everything. Absolutely noone expected two medals for Austria today.

I guess my mindset is often too negative. You are absolutely right though and believe me, I know the Austrians are really overachieving in this olympics so far and I am super happy about this result. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Gigs:

I guess my mindset is often too negative. You are absolutely right though and believe me, I know the Austrians are really overachieving in this olympics so far and I am super happy about this result. 

Now that you say it ...

The gold in men's luge was surprising, as well as the bronze in men's biathlon, the bronze in nordic combined and the two medals today (although of course Mayer winning a medal would have been no surprise). Negative results so far: Snowboard women's slopestyle, that's probably it? Medals in ski jumping or speed skating weren't really expected. Let's hope that Flock won't continue the trend ... :whistle:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 minutes ago, Shiffrin said:

Heartbreaking, especially since she was so close to a medal, which would at least kinda save the situation. But honestly, she looked like a shadow of herself today, not attacking the course in either run (except maybe the bottom part of the 2nd), so I presume she has not much energy. Hopefully she doesn’t start in Super-G tomorrow and rests for the DH

Oh well, much less heartbreaking considering she's got Olympic slalom gold and giant slalom gold already. In terms of my heart being broken, Shiffrin missing out on a medal does not even come close to Mölgg for example, not by a long stretch :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!