Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

dcro    1,376
4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Means Serbia will qualify (and get an extra quota!, hopefully the Serbian athlete gets a reallocation on the main list as well)

Team event might run out of the teams... Especially considering what happened at Worlds last year.

This time even Croatia didn't accept, so one wonders what would happen if they run out of teams. They can't just hand it to Argentina like that, can they?

LowerSaxony    13
vor 3 Minuten schrieb dcro:

8 reallocations so far in alpine skiing... :CAN:DEN:ESP:LIE:LIE:LIE:NED:NED.

:USA:GER:NOR:GER:FRA:USA:SRB:FRA provisionally get them. Still waiting for some big fish to confirm their places though.

Germany will field a team of 12 alpines, which means that 4 quotas for Alpine Skiing are to be reallocated. Btw: For Cross country skiing only 12 of 19 quotas will be used.

• Like 1

phelps    184

it's official (today there was the final meeting of our NOC to determine how many athletes fly to Korea)...Italy will use "only" 20 Alpine Skiing spots...

the already selected skiers are:

Men

Luca De Aliprandini, Peter Fill, Stefano Gross, Christof Innerhofer, Manfred Moelgg, Dominik Paris, Riccardo Tonetti

Women

Marta Bassino, Federica Brignone, Chiara Costazza, Irene Curtoni, Nadia Fanchini, Sofia Goggia, Manuela Moelgg, Johanna Schnarf

the remaining 5 spots will be decided after the last world cup races before the Games start...

intoronto    229

I really don't understand why countries decline team event quotas. Literally anything can happen!

• Like 1

DaniSRB    281
43 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Means Serbia will qualify (and get an extra quota!, hopefully the Serbian athlete gets a reallocation on the main list as well)

is it possible to get 2 quotas from reallocation list?

I am doubtful that team event will be accepted as all women besides Ignjatovic are quite weak

LowerSaxony    13
vor 7 Minuten schrieb DaniSRB:

I am doubtful that team event will be accepted as all women besides Ignjatovic are quite weak

Given the declines by Italy and Germany (yet to be conformed by FIS) it's safe that SRB will get two spots reallocated.

• Like 1

intoronto    229
1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

I hope they accept, because in the team event anything can happen.

dcro    1,376

Norway declines 9 places so 3 reallocations are confirmed for us. :yes

heywoodu    1,593
11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Norway declines 9 places so 3 reallocations are confirmed for us. :yes

:yikes:

Any details on which places? And where do you find all that stuff about who declines what? :d 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:yikes:

Any details on which places? And where do you find all that stuff about who declines what? :d 

Here. FIS has made a nice table for all of its sports.

• Like 1

DaniSRB    281
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

I hope they accept, because in the team event anything can happen.

i really hope so, chanse for us to compete in team event doesn't happen every day :d

Edited by DaniSRB