Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckosice    1,578

Mixed Team Event

1. Switzerland :SUI(Denise Feierabend, Wendy Holdener, Luca Aerni, Daniel Yule, Ramon Zenhaeusern),

2. Austria :AUT(Stephanie Brunner, Katharina Gallhuber, Katharina Liensberger, Manuel Feller, Michael Matt, Marco Schwartz),

3. Norway :NOR(Nina Haver-Loeseth, Kristin Lysdahl, Maren Skjoeld, Sebastian Foss-Solevaag, Leif Kristian Nestvold-Haugen, Jonathan Nordbotten)

Full Results HERE

Alpine+Skiing+Winter+Olympics+Day+15+iXg

dcro    2,269

So if I noticed correctly, Aerni, Brunner, Feller, Skjoeld and Nordbotten all get medals without entering a single race? :p

Shiffrin    12
19 minutes ago, dcro said:

So if I noticed correctly, Aerni, Brunner, Feller, Skjoeld and Nordbotten all get medals without entering a single race? :p

Feller raced twice I think, others yes. Not sure why they can’t get them at least in one race, I’m sure they can use them in a dead rubber or against a bad country even if they’re that bad which they’re not.

OlympicsFan    202
vor 4 Stunden schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Indeed, with the exception of Dreßen this was the best performance of German alpine skiers during these Games.

Overall very disappointing results in alpine skiing, of course the absence of Luitz and Neureuther didnt help. On the mens side i am quite optimistic. Dreßen, Schmid, Luitz and Strasser should form a good team in 4 years, but on the womens side ... it looks really bad.

OlympicsFan    202

What would be the alternative concerning alternates? Lets say one country uses both alternates and the other country uses no alternate, then one country would get 6 medals and the other would get 4, would be a bit inconsistent for me. This leaves only one option left, handing out medals to everyone. In my opinion the rule should be that you can only use alternates if someone gets injured.

Nate River    151
54 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What would be the alternative concerning alternates? Lets say one country uses both alternates and the other country uses no alternate, then one country would get 6 medals and the other would get 4, would be a bit inconsistent for me. This leaves only one option left, handing out medals to everyone. In my opinion the rule should be that you can only use alternates if someone gets injured.

I mean that's what they do in speed skating, short track and figure skating: if you compete you get a medal, if you're a non-competing alternate you don't get a medal.

It's also the rule in hockey, last Olympics Switzerland only got 20 bronze medals in women's hockey because one of their goaltender was never dressed.

Edited by Nate River

heywoodu    2,718
22 minutes ago, Nate River said:

I mean that's what they do in speed skating, short track and figure skating: if you compete you get a medal, if you're a non-competing alternate you don't get a medal.

It's also the rule in hockey, last Olympics Switzerland only got 20 bronze medals in women's hockey because one of their goaltender was never dressed.

That's just bad coaching. Surely there's a moment somewhere where you can give a goaltender 5 seconds on the ice? 

Nathy    31

Awesome performance from the Swiss slalomers!!! Just watched the replay, they were solid, especially Wonder Wendy and Super Ramon who won all of their duels! :champion:

vinipereira    909
5 hours ago, hckosice said:

Alpine+Skiing+Winter+Olympics+Day+15+iXg

Such variety of colours at the podium :d

• Haha 2

Gigs    44
vor 11 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Yep, too bad Austria has no chance of beating Sweden :( 

Well, both Liensberger and gallhuber were a lot better than expected,

but I admit, my predictions were a bit pessimistic,

although I still think sweden was the clear favorite in that duel. Anyway, my point that one of the best teams was eliminated early because of a bad bracket stands. 

Shiffrin    12

I’m still against team events in Olympics, especially if majority of the top skiers even bother to show.

Feierabend and Aerni (for not even  skiing) now have the same amount of gold medals as Vonn and Goggia. Laughable. It makes winning an Olympic medal much less of a prestige and if Ryding and Tilley properly prepared for it they could have won a medal coupling with two scrubs.