website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Comedy? Someone that "passionate" can't be really losing interest in the olympics ...

Not coming home with a gold would be a huge fail? Vonn has been on at least the same level recently, add in Weirather, Gut and Veith and Goggia could easily miss out on a medal. It hope you meant that only current peak Vonn can compete with Goggia? All-time peak Vonn is on a completely other level than Goggia, it's not even close ...

I would say:

Top favorites: Vonn, Goggia

Other serious medal contenders: Gut, Weirather, Veith (maybe Gisin)

I would guess that on 8 out of 10 days either Vonn or Goggia should win the downhill.

of course I meant February 2018's Goggia vs February 2018's Vonn...

OK that I'm a fan of her, but I'm not drunk and I never meant to compare an 81 World Cup races + multiple world and Olympic medallist's career with just a nothing more than a very good skier of the last 2/3 years...;)

and obviously she can easily miss out on a medal also in the downhill, because that's a sport event and not a mathematical operation...

but still, here inItaly everybody's expectation is Sofia winning Gold...and nothing less than that...and I really think she can only lose if she makes another big mistake (look at today's race detailed analysis...had she completed a clean run, she would have destroyed the field...and this wasn't her best discipline nor the most suited course design for her)...

and more or less I agree on your picks...however, at this point I wouldn't count out for the downhill also another surprise like Ledecka's...if not just another Ledecka's win -provided she does take part in the DH...

:BRA Michel Macedo will compete today :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I believe Ledecka said she won't take part in the DH.

Anyone who saw the test event last year should realize the DH course is basically a Lake Louise Vol. 2. Vonn and Goggia are effectively locked for a 1-2 finish barring a DNF.

Nothing and nobody is a lock, even without DNF's. People can make mistakes, others can have the run of their life. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Feller :(

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

Expected.

Yeah with that name.