website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

1 minute ago, Nate River said:

Is this the best Olympic alpine skiing race in history in terms of drama?

Hard to say, I don't remember the drama in the many decades before I was born, but I guess it's very close :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minuty temu, Nate River napisał:

Is this the best Olympic alpine skiing race in history in terms of drama?

The 1994 slalom was the best. Tomba sitting in 1st place from 15th after the first run and everyone messing up until Stangassinger held on by 0,08 IIRC. That was pure drama. Ledecka was just 90 seconds of it ;)

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Pavlo:

so difficult for Veith when you are sure of gold, you have it in your mind, messages from The President....and suddenly you`re second, psychologically it`s obvious she was shocked, i understand this

I understand it, too. And given her history of injury, it would have been great if she had won. But sorry, this is even better.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Gianlu33:

What?!? Ledecka won, I'm shocked :yikes:

Me too! What the fuck? I just looked at the results and couldn't believe it, greatest winter sports talent ever? It's ABSOLUTELY INSANE to be so good in two very different sports + women's super-g is a very competitive discipline, so if she also wins the PGS, this will easily be among top 5 olympic performances every.

Best day for czech sport in a very long time? Did czech tv even broadcast this?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.