website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Schild's last time split was 2 tenths better than hansdotter's :cry::cry::cry:

edit: that said, of all non Austrians Hansdotter is the perfect winner for me. She crowned an incredible career in which she always stood in the shadow of shiffrin in the best possible way

Edited by Gigs

I feel sorry for anyone who slept through this, most amazing race of the season and easily top 3 at the olympics so far.

Great podium, although i hoped for a Holdener win. Swedish people are probably crying 24/7 this week, once in a century olympics for them, also very nice to see that Austria is still alive. Shiffrin already has a gold + probably another one in the combined, so she will get over it.

This means that there are still only 4 women who defended their olympic title, none did it in the slalom.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Gigs:

Schild's last time split was 2 tenths better than hansdotter's :cry::cry::cry:

You are really good at seeing the negativ in everything. Absolutely noone expected two medals for Austria today.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb juddy96:

US with one of the worst hours for a country at this Olympics between Jacobellis, Chen, and Shiffrin :yikes:

Jacobellis flopped again? Can't say i am surprised. Chen out of the medal race? I think i predicted bronze for him, not sure ...

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Jacobellis flopped again? Can't say i am surprised. Chen out of the medal race? I think i predicted bronze for him, not sure ...

Jacobellis was leading first half of the final then just slowly dropped back and got pipped for bronze by the falling Samkova. Chen is way out of the medal race

Heartbreaking, especially since she was so close to a medal, which would at least kinda save the situation. But honestly, she looked like a shadow of herself today, not attacking the course in either run (except maybe the bottom part of the 2nd), so I presume she has not much energy. Hopefully she doesn’t start in Super-G tomorrow and rests for the DH

vor 5 Minuten schrieb juddy96:

Jacobellis was leading first half of the final then just slowly dropped back and got pipped for bronze by the falling Samkova. Chen is way out of the medal race

Ok, nothing new. I see that Hanyu is running away with the gold as expected? I think my prediction was Hanyu ahead of Fernandez and Uno. Chan, Aliev and Boyang might have a problem with that.