website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

Very bad run from Innerhofer 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That was unsaveable. Where's Gianlu when you need him. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Austrian commentator is so annoying. The Austrians were a few hundreds behind svindal at the 3rd split time and he's like "oh my god what, a time, svindal is getting nervous now" completely ignoring that at that point svindal was 4 tenths behind jansrud :wall:

vor 3 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Honestly, the downhill became quite boring for me after the changed the start list system. There used to be some build up to the best athletes, now it's just: Top 7 gone. Done.

Completely agree! In addition to being the best, they also have the advantage of a (slightly) better course, it should be the other way round.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 questions for the experts:

1) When was the last time that a german finished top 10 in the downhill at the olympics?

2) When was the last (and only) time that a german finished ahead of all austrians in the downhill?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Honestly, the downhill became quite boring for me after the changed the start list system. There used to be some build up to the best athletes, now it's just: Top 7 gone. Done.

It always depends on the downhill. Kitzbühel was great in the last two years because there both guys like svindal and feuz who are superb on flat sections and long turns as well as guys like Innerhofer who are strong on the extremely technical sections can win. Therefore you had favorites spreaded over the first twenty starters. This slope only really suits one kind of skier who all happen to be the first skiers in the world cup starting list. I know Innerhofer had good training runs but it was always hard to believe he could challange someone like svindal when the Norwegian is in race mode

vor 33 Minuten schrieb OlympicsFan:

2 questions for the experts:

1) When was the last time that a german finished top 10 in the downhill at the olympics?

2) When was the last (and only) time that a german finished ahead of all austrians in the downhill?

At number 1.) Markus Wasmeier was 4th in Albertville 1992. I don't know the answer to number 2.