website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Four years ago I woke up around bib 20 during the downhill, I've waited four years for redemption...and now this :mad:

Redemption is never that easy, assuming you're living in a Hollywood movie. :whistle:

#banbestmen

50 minutes ago, dcro said:

Thursday :yikes:

It's the next day that there are no Alpine events in the morning.

15 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

aha...so they can`t ski...but they can jump...after midnight

olympic ideas are more and more tragicomical for me

Yes, because lighting. All freestyle events put more lights than North Korea has as a nation onto their runs, but they are also much, much shorter, especially than a downhill. Slalom runs, however, can be run at night on some tracks. But I am guessing that they just haven't installed the lights, so they can't.

14 minut temu, pjwasz napisał:

It's the next day that there are no Alpine events in the morning.

Yes, because lighting. All freestyle events put more lights than North Korea has as a nation onto their runs, but they are also much, much shorter, especially than a downhill. Slalom runs, however, can be run at night on some tracks. But I am guessing that they just haven't installed the lights, so they can't.

if it was a light they wouldn`t have scheduled it on that time

it`s due to wind...try to jump in such conditions if you can`t ski

this is all becoming Monty Python like

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Actually men's super-g was scheduled for Thursday (now they moved it to Friday).

Oh, I'm dumb. I was looking at my schedule and it had it on Thursday, because it's Thursday night for me. You're right.

Just now, Pavlo said:

if it was a light they wouldn`t have scheduled it on that time

it`s due to wind...try to jump in such conditions if you can`t ski

this is all becoming Monty Python like

I must have misunderstood you then. I assumed you were talking about how they couldn't wait for the wind to die down like they do in Ski Jumping. I was saying that it was because they were light limited.

Additionally, ski jumps are some 15-20 seconds long. We saw last night how many times they couldn't get 2 jumpers back to back because of the wind speeds. Downhill races, where you do get airborne on turns on this course, need a little more consistency with the wind. 

7 minut temu, pjwasz napisał:

I must have misunderstood you then. I assumed you were talking about how they couldn't wait for the wind to die down like they do in Ski Jumping. I was saying that it was because they were light limited.

Additionally, ski jumps are some 15-20 seconds long. We saw last night how many times they couldn't get 2 jumpers back to back because of the wind speeds. Downhill races, where you do get airborne on turns on this course, need a little more consistency with the wind. 

to be true

decision on downhill is good, right, righteous

decision on ski jumping was sick, this shouldn`t take place from the 1st round...this was against all rules, those guys give their best for 4 years only to have the most important contest...like they did

no comments on olympism as whole

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it