website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

RWlfhhH.jpg

really hope to not sleep through the men's downhill again like I did 4 years ago (when I woke up and the first 20 or so had already gone, including the medal winners). Finally, my chance for redemption :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

A nation* can have a maximum of 4 athletes per event, right? (and max 14 men and 14 women for a max total of 22)

*meaning a top nation, I know this doesn't go for the Lebanon's and Eritrea's of this world

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A nation* can have a maximum of 4 athletes per event, right? (and max 14 men and 14 women for a max total of 22)

*meaning a top nation, I know this doesn't go for the Lebanon's and Eritrea's of this world

Yes, it's right 

• 3 weeks later...

No super-G for Pinturault in Pyeongchang. 

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Ckickbait title (well partialy :p)

Still depending on AC results. If he gets a medal there, he might change his mind.

Well (for me) it wouldn't be clickbait enough to think "oh no this is gonna change the entire competition", but more like a minor curiosity :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

No super-G for Pinturault in Pyeongchang. 

I think it mainly depends on the course setter...if the task goes to the French coach, it would be stupid by him (and the coach) not to start in this event (since it's obvious that the course would be set like a big GS rather than a slightly slower downhill, all in Alexis favour)...

on the other hand, a downhill alike-course (as it would obviously be in case of an Italian coach setting it) wouldn't give Pinturault a chance and starting in that race would be only a waste of time for him (not to be forgotten the risk of injury, too)...

and the same idea should be applied to someone like Marcel Hirscher...

finally, those kind of athletes (a lot more oriented to technical discipline/couses rather than pure speed) have also to cope with the Korean track and that given day weather conditions...and, at leasst on paper, the track itself for sure it's not at their side, which makes it even more difficult for them...

but at the same time, I wouldn't count them out until the final decisions about the start list are taken by their teams (and they have time to make their final cut until a few minutes before the starting bibs' draw, if I remember correctly)...

3 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Ckickbait title (well partialy :p)

Still depending on AC results. If he gets a medal there, he might change his mind.

So if he gets no medal in AC, he'd rather stay without medals.

If he gets a medal in AC, he might go for another medal.

The other way around makes more sense :d