website statistics

Triathlon Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

uk12points

19 hours ago, hckosice said:

that´s not the question ;) in Slovakia we all know what is "Slovensko" and what is "Slovinsko" ,

the problem is abroad... how they still can 23 years after!!! still confuse those 2 countries. you can not even imagine how it make me mad... but well, I will be a true gentle and will  stand polite and kind and forget this new assault to my nerves :d

Might be off-topic but what do you expect when even native speakers misuse "then" and "than" or worse, the horrid "should of" which doesn't make sense at all. It's "should have" or in short, "should've". :d

In general I agree with you because there doesn't seem to be a problem with Australia (AUS) and Austria (AUT) either. It's a learning thing but at least when you're into sports, you should know which country uses which code. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Quasit:

In general I agree with you because there doesn't seem to be a problem with Australia (AUS) and Austria (AUT) either. 

There is one, or at least there was one. That's why the "No kangaroos in Austria" slogans exists: https://www.google.de/search?q=no+kangaroos+in+austria&biw=1440&bih=791&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjmspK41N7MAhWKJJoKHWbGDzoQ_AUIBigB

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

Might be off-topic but what do you expect when even native speakers misuse "then" and "than" or worse, the horrid "should of" which doesn't make sense at all. It's "should have" or in short, "should've". :d

In general I agree with you because there doesn't seem to be a problem with Australia (AUS) and Austria (AUT) either. It's a learning thing but at least when you're into sports, you should know which country uses which code. :d

just look at this

And a Slovene ambassador in one European capital says his staff meets someone from the local Slovak Embassy at least once a month, simply to exchange wrongly addressed mail.

http://www.politico.eu/article/slovenia-and-slovakia-the-lands-of-confusion-2/

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Triathlon quotas are officially confirmed http://www.triathlon.org/rankings

Jordan was given the tripartite quota in men's event. :)

Pretty much as expected, one Dutch triathlete in Rio. It's a shame for Caelers though with all her injuries and bad luck. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Pretty much as expected, one Dutch triathlete in Rio. It's a shame for Caelers though with all her injuries and bad luck. 

So Dutch NOC will reject Caelers place? So sad for her, she really gave a good race in Yokohama... on the other hand that means the spot will be reallocated to Mexico.

Updated as of 18th April 2016

Concerning African continental quota places it is likely that South Africa will accept both quota as Mari Rabie and Henri Schoeman would both have qualified via the Olympic qualification rankings, therefore it would seem strange to reject the quota, only to be reallocated the same quota again!

12 minutes ago, uk12points said:

Updated as of 18th April 2016

Concerning African continental quota places it is likely that South Africa will accept both quota as Mari Rabie and Henri Schoeman would both have qualified via the Olympic qualification rankings, therefore it would seem strange to reject the quota, only to be reallocated the same quota again!

Well, you never know. They did pretty much the same thing with their field hockey teams in 2012. Both teams qualified through Africans, both quotas were declined and then both qualified on final QTs.

#banbestmen