website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2017

heywoodu

Men's Baseball MLB 2017

CHK.gif National Championship - 2 April 2017 - 1 October 2017 CHK.gif

113944oy0veggilavx23ni.png

Totallympics Results Thread

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2017 MLB Regular Season is over...

Los Angeles Dodgers (National League) and Cleveland Indians (American League) dominated the scene and head into the playoffs as the main favorites to earn a pass for the World Series, but they have to face really stong opposition on their way to success...from the defending champions (Chicago Cubs) to the "hot" Arizona D-Backs, from the New York Yankees (back in the post-season after a few disappointing years) to their arch-rivals Boston Red Sox, from the excellent Houston Astros to the surprise of the year, the Minnesota Twins (which last season lost more than 100 games before bouncing back to the playoffs in 2017)...

I'm pretty sure that we're going to have very intriguing and exciting playoffs...and I can't wait to follow them very carefully...

Here's a recap of what happened in the last 6 months...

Regular Season Final Standings

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

Individual Stats Leaders

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/257131486/2017-individual-leaders-impress-with-big-stats/?topicId=27118122

and here's what to look for in the next month or so...

Postseason Fan Guide

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/256992372/mlb-playoffs-home-field-matchups-explained/?topicId=27118122

Postseason Picture

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/postseason-picture/

Postseason Schedule (with results updated day-to-day)

http://m.mlb.com/postseason-schedule

• 4 weeks later...

Last night the 2017 World Series started in Los Angeles, where the Dodgers defeated the Houston Astros by a score of 3-1 in game #1...

Kershaw on the mound and Taylor and Turner at the plate were the heroes of the local team, meanwhile Houston could find just a single run on a Bregman HR in the 4th inning...

tonight is already time for game #2, with Hill as the starting pitcher for L.A. and Verlander (the ALCS MVP) for Houston...

should the Dodgers win also tonight's game, I don't see how the Astros could even think about a comeback, going into the weaker part of the starting pitchers' rotation (and it doesn't matter if the 3rd, 4th and, if needed, 5th game will be played in Texas)...

Hard to know who to cheer for. I like the Dodgers because Jansen and Turner, but I like the Astros because Kuechel and they never won the World Series before. I'm just hoping for tense games and please, not a 4-0 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, phelps said:

should the Dodgers win also tonight's game, I don't see how the Astros could even think about a comeback, going into the weaker part of the starting pitchers' rotation (and it doesn't matter if the 3rd, 4th and, if needed, 5th game will be played in Texas)...

On the other hand, a lot of way more weird things have happened than what it would be if the Astros come back from 0-2. In the end there's a reason that bookmakers almost never have really high or low odds for one team: the chances are quite often somewhere within the 40/60 - 60/40 range, way more often than in many other sports. 

But yeah, it'll definitely help their cause if Verlander does another great job tonight.

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Hard to know who to cheer for. I like the Dodgers because Jansen and Turner, but I like the Astros because Kuechel and they never won the World Series before. I'm just hoping for tense games and please, not a 4-0 :p 

meanwhile I know very well who I cheer for...it's 29 years I'm waiting a week like this...go Dodgers! :cheer:

by the way, last night's game #2 was very tense, close and one of the craziest ever in the WS history...

Verlander did his usual very good job, but it wouldn't have been enough if the LA relievers didn't waste the 2-run advantage they had in the late innings...

until now, they have been the real strenght of the team, but yesterday Morrow and Jansen blew the lead and forced the game to go to the extra-innings, where all the overmanaging mistakes of mr.Roberts, the *** acting as the Dodgers' manager, came out all at the same time and let the LA mound empty when it shouldn't have happened and so the Dodgers conceded too many runs to the Astros bats and finally came up short on their desperate comeback attempt in the bottom of the 11th inning...

to be noticed that in yesterday's game a record was broken...there have been something like 8 home runs, the highest number in a WS game history...

next game is scheduled for Friday night (8 p.m. NY time, 2 a.m. of Saturday in Central Europe) in Houston...

for the Dodgers it's already been announced that the starting pitcher will be the Japanese Yu Darvish, for Houston the choice should go to Morton or McCullers (the one who won't start in game #3, almost surely will be the game #4 starter)...

on paper, this situation makes the Dodgers big favourite once again...but you know...this is the World Series...and in moments like this anything can happen, some of the most amazing "Cinderella stories" have been written in the MLB showdown...

however, let's go Dodgers...now and forever! :d

Edited by phelps

That was one awesome game last night indeed :yikes:

No problem if Roberts loses, that dude is so freaking disgusting. I know almost all of those players have that disgusting spitting habit, but he does it even more than anyone else. Ugh. Grow up man. 

Edited by heywoodu