Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
phelps

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2017 - 2018

Recommended Posts

hckosice    1,869

Chicago destroying the Stanley Cup reigning champions Pittsburgh 10-1 !!! Also first Slovak NHL goal of the season scored by Richard Pánik at 2:50

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,869

History has been made tonight. Nathan Walker became the first ever Australian to play and score in NHL ! Congrats :AUS  :yes

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,869

Tomáš Tatár and his first careers NHL fight. wow,  I have never seen him in such situation :d

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,379

Kuchenkov started the season by scoring in 7 consecutive games :bowdown:

 

Last night he didn't score, so that streak is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,869
13 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Kuchenkov started the season by scoring in 7 consecutive games :bowdown:

 

Last night he didn't score, so that streak is over.

 

You meant Kucherov http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=77237 I guess :d yes, but he still assisted to both goals of the last match so his points streak continue - now it´s 13 points for 8 goals + 5 Assists :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,379
16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

You meant Kucherov http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=77237 I guess :d yes, but he still assisted to both goals of the last match so his points streak continue - now it´s 13 points for 8 goals + 5 Assists :)

Yep that's who I meant :p 

 

Rules for assists seem to be really weird though. Most of the times someone gets the assist even though he didn't even touch the puck in 10 seconds or something :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,379

20th OT goal for Ovechkin last night, breaking the tie for most all-time with Jagr :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,869
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yep that's who I meant :p 

 

Rules for assists seem to be really weird though. Most of the times someone gets the assist even though he didn't even touch the puck in 10 seconds or something :p 

 

Well, to be honest, in Hockey to create the goal is often much more difficult than scoring. For example a lot of goals are scored by deflections, I can speak about many cases when even the scorers barely knew they did scored :d or just scoring in the empty net, so the assists are very important.

 

Maybe I would agree with dropping the credit for secondary assists, but again, it depend on different situations, in a goal scored by double deflections for example the most important and most valuable person in that was the first shooter so it´s normal to attribute him at least a point for secondary assist :d

 

here for example some memorable deflected goals in NHL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    3,379

WTF, Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche got traded to the Ottawa Senators.....during last night's game, meaning he got off halfway through the first period and went on his way to Ottawa (who will play the Avs in their next two games) :rofl:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matt-duchene-trade-strange-get-pulled-mid-game/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,869
26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

WTF, Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche got traded to the Ottawa Senators.....during last night's game, meaning he got off halfway through the first period and went on his way to Ottawa (who will play the Avs in their next two games) :rofl:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matt-duchene-trade-strange-get-pulled-mid-game/

 

and it was a three way trade between Colorado, Ottawa and Nashville, something we not see so often these times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×