website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2017 - 2018

phelps

• 3 weeks later...

@hckosice

I'm surprised you didn't write anything about Majo Gaborik's great night on Tuesday...;)

in the game between his (an "my" :lol:) Kings against Minnesota, in fact, he scored twice to reach 2 milestones at the same time, 400 NHL career goals and 800 NHL career points (in 996 NHL career games, so approaching also another big milestone, the mythological number of 1000 games played in the best league in the World)...

https://www.nhl.com/news/minnesota-wild-los-angeles-kings-game-recap/c-293730364

p.s. and I also like to underline the 500 NHL career assists by the great Anze Kopitar...and, above all, the new winning streak (after an awful November) by the Kings...

if Kopi & Brown & Majo & Quick (and the youngsters) go on like they're doing in this first part of the season, we're back as real contenders...

2 hours ago, phelps said:

@hckosice

I'm surprised you didn't write anything about Majo Gaborik's great night on Tuesday...;)

in the game between his (an "my" :lol:) Kings against Minnesota, in fact, he scored twice to reach 2 milestones at the same time, 400 NHL career goals and 800 NHL career points (in 996 NHL career games, so approaching also another big milestone, the mythological number of 1000 games played in the best league in the World)...

https://www.nhl.com/news/minnesota-wild-los-angeles-kings-game-recap/c-293730364

p.s. and I also like to underline the 500 NHL career assists by the great Anze Kopitar...and, above all, the new winning streak (after an awful November) by the Kings...

if Kopi & Brown & Majo & Quick (and the youngsters) go on like they're doing in this first part of the season, we're back as real contenders...

Haha, yep, First it was in my plans to post something about, but somehow I forgot it later :red: so thanks for remembering, buddy :yes

Indeed a great night for our "Gabby",  and a bit special for him especially it happened against his first and beloved team :p

but well, In Minnesota they have some great memories of him too ;) probably the biggest from that legendary and epic night against the King Henrik

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

Haha, yep, First it was in my plans to post something about, but somehow I forgot it later :red: so thanks for remembering, buddy :yes

Indeed a great night for our "Gabby",  and a bit special for him especially it happened against his first and beloved team :p

but well, In Minnesota they have some great memories of him too ;) probably the biggest from that legendary and epic night against the King Henrik

yeah, and if it were not for such a defensive-minded coach like Jacques Demers in his prime years in Minnesota, he could have scored so many more goals and points...:facepalm:

I still remember his amazing goals against Russia in the opening game of Torino 2006 Olympics...the first one especially, imho one of the best goals ever...speed, power and technique at their absolute top...

actually, that was one of the best hockey games I ever saw at any level...pure orgasm...:yikes::lol:;)

by the way, this NHL season is really intriguing and a very good show...

other than the obvious Kings, I'm watching in particular a lot of games of the Tampa Bay Lightning (because of the Stamkos/Kucherov duo, but not only...they always play so well in general) and of the Washington Capitals (because of Ovi, of course...he's definitely my favorite player in the last 15 years or so)...

and if I think that we won't watch those wonderful athletes in Pyeongchang thanks to a brainless commissioner like mr.Buttman (yeah, it's intentional...definitely not a typo :whistle:) and to those greedy and arrogant rich men called "owners"...you don't even imagine how do I feel and what I'd like to do to them (or maybe yes, since it's the same for you, I guess)...:facepalm::wall:

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, and if it were not for such a defensive-minded coach like Jacques Demers in his prime years in Minnesota, he could have scored so many more goals and points...:facepalm:

I still remember his amazing goals against Russia in the opening game of Torino 2006 Olympics...the first one especially, imho one of the best goals ever...speed, power and technique at their absolute top...

actually, that was one of the best hockey games I ever saw at any level...pure orgasm...:yikes::lol:;)

by the way, this NHL season is really intriguing and a very good show...

other than the obvious Kings, I'm watching in particular a lot of games of the Tampa Bay Lightning (because of the Stamkos/Kucherov duo, but not only...they always play so well in general) and of the Washington Capitals (because of Ovi, of course...he's definitely my favorite player in the last 15 years or so)...

and if I think that we won't watch those wonderful athletes in Pyeongchang thanks to a brainless commissioner like mr.Buttman (yeah, it's intentional...definitely not a typo :whistle:) and to those greedy and arrogant rich men called "owners"...you don't even imagine how do I feel and what I'd like to do to them (or maybe yes, since it's the same for you, I guess)...:facepalm::wall:

Haha you meant the same Orgasms of both our commentators of this match. In the second goal ..."Predstavenie snov a la Marián Gáborík"  - "Dream show a la Marián Gáborík" :lol:

Goal 1 in SVK TV

and Goal 2 in SVK TV

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

yep, my feelings are exactly the same. :mad:

Marián Gáborík played his 1000th NHL match last night and he celebrated this milestone also by scoring a goal and adding one assist,

His last night goal

and the NHLPA made a nice short tribute video for him in this occasion

He became the 7th Slovak player to reach the 1000 matches in the league

Stan Mikita   1394

Zdeno Chára  1379

Marián Hossa  1309

Peter Bondra  1081

Miroslav Šatan  1050

Michal Handzuš  1009

Marián Gáborík  1000

-----------------------------

Peter Šťastný  977

On 16/12/2017 at 08:05, hckosice said:

Marián Gáborík played his 1000th NHL match last night and he celebrated this milestone also by scoring a goal and adding one assist

and yesterday night, at the first Kings home game after he reached that milestone, he was properly celebrated by the LA team and organization...

in particular, there was a wonderful pre-game "party" at center ice, where Marian and his family (Mom, Dad, Brother, Niece and Wife) could re-live the best moments in Majo's NHL career (when the pictures of him celebrating a goal together with Pavol Demitra did play on the big scoreboard, he hardly could keep himself from crying, meanwhile I couldn't...and a few tears did come down my cheeks)...

then he was also presented some nice gifts (actually, the best and most precious gift of the night was a jewel received by his wife from Kings president Luc Robitaille, but still :lol:)...

unfortunately, after that, there was also a game to be played against Colorado...and for 40 minutes the Kings were really awful, totally not focused, with their minds being somewhere else...:facepalm:

but then, they did wake up just in time to save the day with a late tying goal by Alec Martinez and an OT winner by Dustin Brown, who, irony at 100%, was actually playing his 1000th game in the NHL (all of them in the Kings uniform)...:lol:

so, double celebration night in LA...:champion:

Daniel Sprong :NED has finally been called back to the Pittsburgh Penguins after his hat trick last night :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Daniel Sprong :NED has finally been called back to the Pittsburgh Penguins after his hat trick last night :cheer:

This is such an awesome news :thumbup: Already noticed him, when he played a couple of weeks for Pittsburgh 2 seasons ago. great and very skilled prospect :yes