Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
phelps

Ice Hockey NHL 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

heywoodu    1,177
Just now, hckosice said:

 

and it was a three way trade between Colorado, Ottawa and Nashville, something we not see so often these times

Including a million players and draft picks and everything. Man, I'm trying to write something about this on a Dutch website (because come on, getting traded and leaving the team during the match, that's something :d ) but this is complicated to figure out :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    845
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Including a million players and draft picks and everything. Man, I'm trying to write something about this on a Dutch website (because come on, getting traded and leaving the team during the match, that's something :d ) but this is complicated to figure out :d 

 

Typical NHL business, showing at full face that hockey is for them only a business...

 

 

however here the trade in short

3 way trade Colorado - Nashville - Ottawa

Ottawa: Matt Duchene (from Colorado).
Colorado: Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers,  1. round draft 2018 pick (Top 10 protected) and 3. round draft 2019 (from Ottawa) + Vladislav Kamenev and Samuel Girard (from Nashville).
Nashville: Kyle Turris (from Ottawa).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,177
12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

Typical NHL business, showing at full face that hockey is for them only a business...

 

 

however here the trade in short

3 way trade Colorado - Nashville - Ottawa

Ottawa: Matt Duchene (from Colorado).
Colorado: Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers,  1. round draft 2018 pick (Top 10 protected) and 3. round draft 2019 (from Ottawa) + Vladislav Kamenev and Samuel Girard (from Nashville).
Nashville: Kyle Turris (from Ottawa).

 

Plus a 2nd round 2018 draft pick from Nashville to Colorado :p 

Edited by heywoodu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    845
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

Plus a 2nd round 2018 draft pick from Nashville to Colorado :p 

 

exact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    1,177

Senators vs Avalanche in Stockholm is starting in a few minutes and the anthems are being sung by Janice...and her rather visible nipples, which makes me wonder when half of the American population will explode because 'OMG A NIPPLE!' :d 

 

 

DOSy-lOXcAA5TdX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    118

@hckosice

I'm surprised you didn't write anything about Majo Gaborik's great night on Tuesday...;)

in the game between his (an "my" :lol:) Kings against Minnesota, in fact, he scored twice to reach 2 milestones at the same time, 400 NHL career goals and 800 NHL career points (in 996 NHL career games, so approaching also another big milestone, the mythological number of 1000 games played in the best league in the World)...

 

https://www.nhl.com/news/minnesota-wild-los-angeles-kings-game-recap/c-293730364

 

p.s. and I also like to underline the 500 NHL career assists by the great Anze Kopitar...and, above all, the new winning streak (after an awful November) by the Kings...

if Kopi & Brown & Majo & Quick (and the youngsters) go on like they're doing in this first part of the season, we're back as real contenders...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    845
2 hours ago, phelps said:

@hckosice

I'm surprised you didn't write anything about Majo Gaborik's great night on Tuesday...;)

in the game between his (an "my" :lol:) Kings against Minnesota, in fact, he scored twice to reach 2 milestones at the same time, 400 NHL career goals and 800 NHL career points (in 996 NHL career games, so approaching also another big milestone, the mythological number of 1000 games played in the best league in the World)...

 

https://www.nhl.com/news/minnesota-wild-los-angeles-kings-game-recap/c-293730364

 

p.s. and I also like to underline the 500 NHL career assists by the great Anze Kopitar...and, above all, the new winning streak (after an awful November) by the Kings...

if Kopi & Brown & Majo & Quick (and the youngsters) go on like they're doing in this first part of the season, we're back as real contenders...

 

 

Haha, yep, First it was in my plans to post something about, but somehow I forgot it later :red: so thanks for remembering, buddy :yes

 

Indeed a great night for our "Gabby",  and a bit special for him especially it happened against his first and beloved team :p

 

but well, In Minnesota they have some great memories of him too ;) probably the biggest from that legendary and epic night against the King Henrik

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phelps    118
4 hours ago, hckosice said:

 

 

Haha, yep, First it was in my plans to post something about, but somehow I forgot it later :red: so thanks for remembering, buddy :yes

 

Indeed a great night for our "Gabby",  and a bit special for him especially it happened against his first and beloved team :p

 

but well, In Minnesota they have some great memories of him too ;) probably the biggest from that legendary and epic night against the King Henrik

 

 

 

 

yeah, and if it were not for such a defensive-minded coach like Jacques Demers in his prime years in Minnesota, he could have scored so many more goals and points...:facepalm:

I still remember his amazing goals against Russia in the opening game of Torino 2006 Olympics...the first one especially, imho one of the best goals ever...speed, power and technique at their absolute top...

actually, that was one of the best hockey games I ever saw at any level...pure orgasm...:yikes::lol:;)

 

by the way, this NHL season is really intriguing and a very good show...

other than the obvious Kings, I'm watching in particular a lot of games of the Tampa Bay Lightning (because of the Stamkos/Kucherov duo, but not only...they always play so well in general) and of the Washington Capitals (because of Ovi, of course...he's definitely my favorite player in the last 15 years or so)...

and if I think that we won't watch those wonderful athletes in Pyeongchang thanks to a brainless commissioner like mr.Buttman (yeah, it's intentional...definitely not a typo :whistle:) and to those greedy and arrogant rich men called "owners"...you don't even imagine how do I feel and what I'd like to do to them (or maybe yes, since it's the same for you, I guess)...:facepalm::wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    845
14 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

yeah, and if it were not for such a defensive-minded coach like Jacques Demers in his prime years in Minnesota, he could have scored so many more goals and points...:facepalm:

I still remember his amazing goals against Russia in the opening game of Torino 2006 Olympics...the first one especially, imho one of the best goals ever...speed, power and technique at their absolute top...

actually, that was one of the best hockey games I ever saw at any level...pure orgasm...:yikes::lol:;)

 

by the way, this NHL season is really intriguing and a very good show...

other than the obvious Kings, I'm watching in particular a lot of games of the Tampa Bay Lightning (because of the Stamkos/Kucherov duo, but not only...they always play so well in general) and of the Washington Capitals (because of Ovi, of course...he's definitely my favorite player in the last 15 years or so)...

and if I think that we won't watch those wonderful athletes in Pyeongchang thanks to a brainless commissioner like mr.Buttman (yeah, it's intentional...definitely not a typo :whistle:) and to those greedy and arrogant rich men called "owners"...you don't even imagine how do I feel and what I'd like to do to them (or maybe yes, since it's the same for you, I guess)...:facepalm::wall:

 

Haha you meant the same Orgasms of both our commentators of this match. In the second goal ..."Predstavenie snov a la Marián Gáborík"  - "Dream show a la Marián Gáborík" :lol:

 

Goal 1 in SVK TV

 

and Goal 2 in SVK TV

 

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

and if I think that we won't watch those wonderful athletes in Pyeongchang thanks to a brainless commissioner like mr.Buttman (yeah, it's intentional...definitely not a typo :whistle:) and to those greedy and arrogant rich men called "owners"...you don't even imagine how do I feel and what I'd like to do to them (or maybe yes, since it's the same for you, I guess)...:facepalm::wall:

 

yep, my feelings are exactly the same. :mad:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×