Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
heywoodu

Men's Basketball European EuroLeague 2017 - 2018

Henry_Leon    145

EuroLeague Final Four in Belgrade has two qualifiers!

Zalgiris Kaunas :yikes:advanced first to the Final Four on Thursday by sending off last season's runner-up, Olympiacos Piraeus, later defending champion Fenerbahce ;) ran away to a 3-1 series win over host Baskonia Vitoria

Zalgiris will play its first Final Four this century (1998/99 the only EuroLeague crown), while Fenerbahce reached its fourth in a row.

nenad    55

thank god Olympiakos didn't make it

Henry_Leon    145

EuroLeague Final Four is all set after Game 4 of the playoffs

In Friday's first game, CSKA Moscow win their series 3-1 over Khimki, and reach its seventh consecutive Final Four.

In second game, Real Madrid held off visiting Panathinaikos by 89-82 and win their series by 3-1.

CSKA and Real Madrid will face off in the semifinal , in the other semifinal Zalgiris will play Fenerbahce Istanbul

Final Four at Belgrade on May 18 (semifinals) and May 20 (finals)

nenad    55

So, EL F4 today in Belgrade, I think we'll see 2 good matches. Fener obviously favourite vs Žalgiris, but it could be interesting and Real vs CSKA should be a treat. 

dareza    512

What a nice atmosphere in Arena :cheer:I don't know if there are more Turkish or Lithuanian fans in Belgrade right now, but I saw a lot of them this morning.

I wanted to go today, but the tickets were really expensive.

DaniSRB    451

it would be cool if  Zalgiris could win the trophy :d

heywoodu    2,360

66-60 with 4 minutes to go, time to tune in :d 

dareza    512

Fener in final.

heywoodu    2,360

I had never heard of this Zeljko Obradovic (not strange if you don't follow basketball - especially European - at all), but holy crap, that man has one serious list of wins :yikes::bowdown:

• Like 1

dareza    512
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I had never heard of this Zeljko Obradovic (not strange if you don't follow basketball - especially European - at all), but holy crap, that man has one serious list of wins :yikes::bowdown:

and he was great player as well.

Henry_Leon    145

Real Madrid defeating CSKA Moscow 83-92 and is the second finalist. Real suffered in first quarter, but in the second, came back and overcome CSKA.

Eleven of Madrid's 12 players scored in the game, the rotations and the better percentage of the throw 2FG, has make the difference.

• Like 1

thepharoah    209
14 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

Real Madrid defeating CSKA Moscow 83-92 and is the second finalist. Real suffered in first quarter, but in the second, came back and overcome CSKA.

Eleven of Madrid's 12 players scored in the game, the rotations and the better percentage of the throw 2FG, has make the difference.

also the flood of 3 points at the beginning of 2nd quarter made the difference 

• Like 1