website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

3:26 for Thomas Laurent in the #38 LMP2, that's nearly as fast as the ByKolles LMP1 :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Does that mean that LMP1 is just very bad, or that LMP2 is way better than last year? :d

LMP1 is looking slightly faster than last year, but LMP2 is a whole lot faster :d 

The problem in the new LMP2 cars is 100% the reliability, the speed is more than alright in general. Not for all of them, like Jeroen Bleekemolen (in the Keating #43) who said they're 15-20 km/h behind on top speed compared with the Rebellion LMP2's, which is just impossible to fix in qualifying and practice. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3:14.7 for Kobayashi in the #7 Toyota, jesus :yikes::hyper:

That's 2 seconds faster than the previous fastest ever lap at Le Mans :d 

Race day :clap::bounce:

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Race day :clap::bounce:

Finally I'm actually able to follow the race (usually it's the same weekend that I'm on Northside Festival).

Not surprisingly, GTE Pro will be the most interesting class for me with 3 cars with danish drivers, including the man and legend, Jan Magnussen, who will be trying to get his 5th class win. It will be interesting to see how the Corvette will do, but also Nicki Thiim and Marco Sørensen is looking very interesting in their Aston Martin.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Finally I'm actually able to follow the race (usually it's the same weekend that I'm on Northside Festival).

Not surprisingly, GTE Pro will be the most interesting class for me with 3 cars with danish drivers, including the man and legend, Jan Magnussen, who will be trying to get his 5th class win. It will be interesting to see how the Corvette will do, but also Nicki Thiim and Marco Sørensen is looking very interesting in their Aston Martin.

GTE Pro is looking very promising indeed! Aston Martin, Corvette, Ferrari, Ford and even Porsche all were very competitive so far.

Personally I think GTE Pro and LMP2 will have the best fights with the highest number of competitive cars. 

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

GTE Pro is looking very promising indeed! Aston Martin, Corvette, Ferrari, Ford and even Porsche all were very competitive so far.

Personally I think GTE Pro and LMP2 will have the best fights with the highest number of competitive cars. 

And it's getting even more interesting next year when BMW joins in! :p

So the #4 ByKolles is already retired, just like the #88 Porsche (Am) and the #26 G-Drive (P2). The last two because of this:

Porsche #2 is not officially retired, but they're done fighting for the win, 14 laps behind by now after being in the pits for a whole long time already.