website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

Verstappen fan.....;)

:d 

Not even that much, and definitely not the kind for who he can't do anything wrong :p 

Already since that moment yesterday my opinion is the same: Verstappen should have taken his loss and settle behind the two Ferrari's instead of diving into a space that wasn't there. On the other hand, it's Vettel's fault that he drove into Räikkönen leading Kimi to hit Verstappen. The only "innocent" one there in my opinion is Räikkönen. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Jesus, that must have been one of the most boring F1 Grand Prix' ever, what a farce :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That was a nasty crash between Pol and Baz :yikes:

27 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

J.M. Lopez won his third consecutive WTCC title this weekend, to the surprise of no one. :d I'm really interested to see him move to the single-seater again, as he is going to the Formula E for the new season. :)

Really cool that he's going to single seaters, a shame though that it's going to be Formula E :p 

If only those things actually sounded like a race car.. 

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Really cool that he's going to single seaters, a shame though that it's going to be Formula E :p 

If only those things actually sounded like a race car.. 

Well he tried in F3000/GP 2 in the past, which didn't go that well for him. Granted that was 10 years ago and he is a completely different driver today, i think F E is a good transition for him. Who knows, if he has a great couple of seasons, maybe he can get a place in F1. :)

PS. F E is the future and it doesn't matter if we like it or not, it is going to stay. :d

Edited by Federer91

42 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Well he tried in F3000/GP 2 in the past, which didn't go that well for him. Granted that was 10 years ago and he is a completely different driver today, i think F E is a good transition for him. Who knows, if he has a great couple of seasons, maybe he can get a place in F1. :)

PS. F E is the future and it doesn't matter if we like it or not, it is going to stay. :d

I have no problem with FE staying, as long as it won't in the end replace the real cars :d Which I think it won't, my guess is that it will develop side-by-side, which would be just fine.

Though to be fair I really don't think JM Lopez has any real chance to make it to F1. The guy is 33, even if he wins each and every FE race with 10+ seconds advantage I'd give him like 1% chance for a test drive seat in an F1 car, since first of all there are almost no seats even available (a handful per year if you're lucky) and second, I don't see any team preferring an old guy over a talented driver who might, as a bonus, bring some big sponsors in as well :p 

Dominating WTCC is cool and all, but it won't make you a big star. Much as this season has finally been a somewhat fun one, it's just not a truly major championship. Personally I'd place a DTM title above a WTCC title in terms of showing how good a driver is, 

Edited by heywoodu

17 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Though to be fair I really don't think JM Lopez has any real chance to make it to F1. The guy is 33, even if he wins each and every FE race with 10+ seconds advantage I'd give him like 1% chance for a test drive seat in an F1 car, since first of all there are almost no seats even available (a handful per year if you're lucky) and second, I don't see any team preferring an old guy over a talented driver who might, as a bonus, bring some big sponsors in as well :p 

Ah yes, those talented young drivers, that buy their place in F1, who doesn't want more of them. :d

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Ah yes, those talented young drivers, that buy their place in F1, who doesn't want more of them. :d

Not saying I'm a fan of them, just that it's not exactly good for the chances of an old guy who hasn't shown anything big yet in a major single seater championship :p

Though at least at the moment we don't have that many of those non-talented drivers in F1 luckily.