website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Olympic Sports Programme

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Well, yes, but I was referring more to the women's "problem". The new sports are a whole new conversation.

Just to clarify: my problem is solely with removing competitive events and/or adding senseless events (either mixed team stuff or events that are way too 'young' yet and should be added after having had time to grow up). I'm not against having more women or something :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I’m really sad that they choose to further exclude smaller nations, and refuse to add team sports in order to make room for mixed events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m really sad that they choose to further exclude smaller nations

Yep...I'm actually very much hesitating to tell this news to my girlfriend (Brazilian biathlete), since this might severly impact her chances and even her entire motivation for the next 3,5 years..  

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I’m really starting to like the inclusion of the monobob because I’ve always wanted to see a driver centric event

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, phelps said:

then the best option of them all is to get rid of the whole Winter Olympics...:whistle:

No worries, I enjoyed the ice hockey last Olympics, just wanted to get my Slovak buddy's heart rate to go up :d 

57 minuti fa, dcro ha scritto:

All these removed quotas just to add two super weak female hockey teams. Come on! :facepalm::mad:

Plus, no way hockey needs 20+ players per team...

and here comes out your poor knowledge of the game (and the fact that you've never tried to play it in an organized situation)...:facepalm::spank:

2 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

No worries, I enjoyed the ice hockey last Olympics, just wanted to get my Slovak buddy's heart rate to go up :d 

I'm pretty sure you'll reach your target as soon as he sees the post...:rofl:

Edited by phelps

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

So apparently alpine combined is not out? So much for @heywoodu's statement about Gisin being Olympic champion for all times. :p

I'm quite happy that they didn't go for that parallel/city/boring event and whatnot.

FIS says that either Alpine Combined or Parallel Slalom will be included. Decision will be made by November.