website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Olympic Sports Programme

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

FIE and the Italian equestrian federation decided to try to join in the Winter Olympics whit the snow polo :lol:

In 2017 the Wch was hosted by China and the podium was :ARG:HKG:RSA.

I don't know why Italy is the main member of the promotional committee.. we are a poor country in polo

Do you have a link for this? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Do you have a link for this? :d 

Of course. It's the site of the Italian equestrian sport federation https://www.fise.it/sport/polo/news-polo/archivio-news-polo/11793-polo-alle-olimpiadi-invernali-fip-approva-proposta-italiana.html

• 2 months later...

It's not happening in Beijing , but I hope ski flying replaces the normal hill. If IOC is open for having events in countries outside the host event , then if Sion gets 2026 then they can have ski flying in Oberstdorf. They are upgrading the SF hill in US and if we get a flying hill in Asia then we might have enough flying hills for it to be included at the olympics. 

When it comes to expanding ladies ski jumping at the olympics , mixed team is probably the way to go. As for now there aren't enough  teams for a all female team event. 

Though I think we at least gets ladies large hill in 2026. 

I'm curious about ski mountaineering . I'll admit I don't know alot about it , is it climbing and then skiing down? 

• 3 months later...

The Congress approved that FIS propose to the International Olympic Committee the following new events for inclusion in the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games programme (in addition to existing proposed events):

Freestyle aerials mixed team event

Freeski big air

Snowboard cross team event

Snowboard alpine mixed team parallel event

Snowboard parallel slalom

Snowboard mixed team slalom

Telemark parallel sprint

Three (!!) mixed team events.

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

:facepalm:

Yeah I'm confused about that :d

When an event needs 6 words just for the name of it, you know it shouldn't be on the Olympic programma, by the way.

And as expected in alpine skiing a parallel slalom should replace the alpine combined (draft calendar for 2019-2022 updated yesterday: http://www.fis-ski.com/mm/Document/documentlibrary/AlpineSkiing/04/33/14/longterm_18.05.2018_Neutral.pdf )

Edited by Dunadan

6 hours ago, Nate River said:

...anyone has any clue what the difference is between the Snowboard mixed team slalom and the Snowboard alpine mixed team parallel event?

Honestly I think they should add telemark, ladies NC, Freeski Big Air, Mixed Team Ski Jump. I’ve seen some of these other events and their hard to figure out, take a long time, and are pointless on the program 

Edited by Olympian1010
Typo

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela