Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

De_Gambassi

2026 Winter Olympic Games

Gianlu33    728
32 minuti fa, Swewi ha scritto:

What do you think about the swedish chances? Should be good since we have never had a winter olympics and are one of the top winter nations, and we have many successfull organized wintersport championships in the past.

I haven't idea.. but if Italy will whitdraw i will hope for a norther european bid :fingers:

intoronto    308
1 hour ago, Swewi said:

What do you think about the swedish chances? Should be good since we have never had a winter olympics and are one of the top winter nations, and we have many successfull organized wintersport championships in the past.

I hope Sweden wins, its my personal fave!

Traditional (and new) Winter Olympic host. Can't beat that!

Nate River    134
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

I'd say that if any (western) european city makes it to the final candidate stage, they will have it in the bag. The thing is, I don't believe anymore that a western european bid will survive so far (Sion was my best hope).

Sion had the best bid IMO, it’s a real shame to see them withdraw.

At this rate whichever bid from either Calgary or Western Europe remains standing will just win by default.

Edited by Nate River

De_Gambassi    214
il y a 3 minutes, Nate River a déclaré:

Sion had the best bid IMO, it’s a real shame to see them withdraw.

Yes, it had (except for the speed skating thing). I don't believe Switzerland could had a better bid tbh. It's more that possible that we will never see a swiss bid ever again...

heywoodu    2,378
5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Yes, it had (except for the speed skating thing). I don't believe Switzerland could had a better bid tbh. It's more that possible that we will never see a swiss bid ever again...

Considering the future is really a very, very long time...I'm not going as far as to say 'never' :p 

Although I think a South American bid might come sooner than another Swiss one.

• Like 1

Nate River    134
6 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

All the bids we have have glaring flaws, even Calgary currently plans to hold ski jumping and nordic combined in Whistler along with some ice events in Edmonton. At least Sion had excelent venues for most sports, and while St Moritz was out of the way it has *the* venue for sliding sports.