website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

2 minutes ago, Belle said:

Yeah, I think it's dead too. I don't believe in this bid. I'm surprised IOC want it as a candidate at all.

Well, it's a pretty big winter sports nation embracing one of the major changes in the Agenda 2020 and it uses quite a lot of existing venues.

Could have been pretty healthy for the future of the Winter Olympics.

"$800M from City of Calgary for Olympics 'not a good deal,' says Nenshi" 

"I would like to think it's dead," said Chu, but added that Calgarians will have the final say in the Nov. 13 plebiscite on the bid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/city-council-olympics-funding-2026-1.4863976

2 ore fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

Lombardy, Veneto and Sudtirol :evil:

no, in any case at max it would be Lombardy, Veneto and Trentino (even if they would eventually include Predazzo and Val di Fiemme -which is not confirmed at all, since Mlan has still in charge the agreement with St.Moritz, they are NOT in South Tyrol, which is only Alto Adige, or the autonomous province of Bolzano/Bozen, if you prefer)...:evil:

21 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

no, in any case at max it would be Lombardy, Veneto and Trentino (even if they would eventually include Predazzo and Val di Fiemme -which is not confirmed at all, since Mlan has still in charge the agreement with St.Moritz, they are NOT in South Tyrol, which is only Alto Adige, or the autonomous province of Bolzano/Bozen, if you prefer)...:evil:

Anterselva is in Sudtirol... or I missed something? :mumble::p 

42 minuti fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

What would they have in South Tyrol? Nothing confirmed as far as I know.

Biathlon, i guess... 

3 ore fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

Anterselva is in Sudtirol... or I missed something? :mumble::p 

Biathlon, i guess... 

actually, according to the previous design (the 3-headed monster), the biathlon venue is going to be Livigno...and I don't think that's going to change...

moreover, I think Livigno is also going to host Cross-Country Skiing now, while Predazzo would host Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined (always if the St.Moritz idea is going to be dropped, which is not sure at all at the moment...it all depends on the funding for the Cortina track...if they re-build that, then the Swiss trip won't happen, but if they can't find all the money needed for the Cortina track -the most expensive sport structure of all Games- then there's no 3rd option, they have to keep St.Moritz involved -and they also already have Jumping Hills for Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined, which would keep Predazzo out of the project)...

as you can see, there are still quite a few things to be determined before we can have a proper idea of what's going to look like our new bid...

p.s. right now a meet between Malagò, the Milan and Cortina Mayors and Veneto and Lombardy Governors is underway...let's see what comes out from that...

Edited by phelps