website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

2 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

In that case: go South Tyrol :d (although I think IOC wouldn't like an outdoor rink)

I think that Italian government will never accept a South Tyrol bid... Probably it will be an economical flop because tourist will go in Austria and use Austrian infrastructures

1 minute ago, phelps said:

the problem is always the same...local people don't want even hear about the Olympic Games in their Region...

it's a no brainer in any case...there's no chance that the Games out there would even be proposed...

Never say never, 2102 is also 'ever' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minuti fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

I think that Italian government will never accept a South Tyrol bid... Probably it will be an economical flop because tourist will go in Austria and use Austrian infrastructures

naaa...I don't think so...

South Tyrol is always full of foreign tourists...and they are always very happy about local infrastructures and how they perfectly work (as I always said, that's not Italy...luckily)...

if we think about Italy as the "Divina Commedia", South Tyrol is definitely Paradise, Trentino is Purgatory and all the rest of the Country is Hell (some places are more hellish than others, of course)...

I always pray God that preserves ST as it is right now...by far, the most beautiful place in our Country...

3 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

naaa...I don't think so...

South Tyrol is always full of foreign tourists...and they are always very happy about local infrastructures and how they perfectly work (as I always said, that's not Italy...luckily)...

if we think about Italy as the "Divina Commedia", South Tyrol is definitely Paradise, Trentino is Purgatory and all the rest of the Country is Hell (some places are more hellish than others, of course)...

I always pray God that preserves ST as it is right now...by far, the most beautiful place in our Country...

The problem is that in South Tyrol the citizens take care of the territory as if it were their home meanwhile in the rest of Italy it doesn't happen.

I live in Cava de'Tirreni, in the deep south of the country, very near the Costiera Amalfitana... My heart breaks when I see my territory being devastated

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

why not Botswana, too? :lol:

Now that's just ridiculous.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!