website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

30 minuti fa, Federer91 ha scritto:

I think we are slowly getting to the point in which the Olympics are not hosted by a city, but by a country. Sadly that day will come, no matter if we, like fans, like it or not. 

I think this is somehow due not only to the costs, (which is, in any case, the most important problem), but also to the technological development. For example, taking the case of Italy, you can now go from Naples to Turin by train in nearly 6 hours (900 km), without special issues due to planes. Special trains for the athletes may reduce this to nearly 5 hours. And we're talking of nearly 900 km, from the very north of Italy to the south. This thing surely makes a national olympic "cost effective", but in some way also put the games in closer contact with people. I don't think this kind of solution is going to be that bad. If everything will go as planned, next year Naples will host Universiade, and sports will be played throughout all the region. This means that Caserta Royal Palace, that is one of the most important monument in Italy, will host archery. I'm happy with it and I would be even happier to host the Olympic games there, because it unifies the sport with our national treasures.

Edited by AlFHg

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

and Anterselva for biathlon.

:hyper:

Olympic biathlon in Antholz would be so awesome :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 ora fa, Nate River ha scritto:

I actually really liked the three city concept. Very efficient way of staging Olympics in an era of cost cutting.

For the Calgary bid there is talk of using venues in Edmonton and even in Whistler...

it would work this way only if the 2006 venues were still there...but the Ski Jumping Hills in Pragelato and also the Cesana Sliding Sports Track have been totally dismissed...basically they should be rebuilt from 0, therefore there wouldn't be any cost cutting nor any efficient management of the venues...:evil:

not to mention that the 2006 Olympic Village now is just an abandoned block occupied by homeless, criminals, drug dealers and such kind of people...:cry::facepalm::wall:

OMG!!!! there's an earthquake!!! :yikes: ah, no...it's just the FC Inter that scored the go-ahead-goal in the Soccer Champions League Game against Tottenham FC...:rofl:

ah, my neighbours...:facepalm:

19 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

:hyper:

Olympic biathlon in Antholz would be so awesome :bowdown:

that's the only Italy Winter Olympic bid I'd really support...a South Tyrol bid only...

Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding in Groden, Val Badia and Madonna di Campiglio, Freestyle somewhere in the beautiful villages around Bozen, Cross-Country, Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined in Toblach, Biathlon in Antholz, Speedskating in Collalbo/Ritten, Curling in Meran, Figure Skating, Hockey and Ceremonies in Bozen (only exception, the Sliding Sports Track in Cortina, which isn't that far from South Tyrol, anyway)...

that would be the perfect "old style" & "fully mountaneer" Olympics...

the state-of-the-art Winter Olympics...

basically, my dream come true...

but it will never happen, I fear...:cry::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

that's the only Italy Winter Olympic bid I'd really support...a South Tyrol bid only...

Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding in Groden, Val Badia and Madonna di Campiglio, Freestyle somewhere in the beautiful villages around Bozen, Cross-Country, Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined in Toblach, Biathlon in Antholz, Speedskating in Collalbo/Ritten, Figure Skating, Hockey and Ceremonies in Bozen...

that would be the perfect "old style" & "fully mountaneer" Olympics...

the state-of-the-art Winter Olympics...

basically, my dream come true...

but it will never happen, I fear...:cry::facepalm:

I am afraid what will happen to Collalbo if the Winter Olympics ever come to South Tyrol. Collalbo is one of the most special and beautiful speed skating tracks in the world right now (just like for example Medeo in Kazakhstan and like Inzell used to be), but I'm 99,99% certain they'd destroy all that, throw an arena on top of it and make it one of many many completely generic and anonymous tracks.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

I am afraid what will happen to Collalbo if the Winter Olympics ever come to South Tyrol. Collalbo is one of the most special and beautiful speed skating tracks in the world right now (just like for example Medeo in Kazakhstan and like Inzell used to be), but I'm 99,99% certain they'd destroy all that, throw an arena on top of it and make it one of many many completely generic and anonymous tracks.. 

no, in South Tyrol it would never happen...

and I also think that the area is protected by law, therefore they could not build an indoor track even if they wanted...;)

Just now, phelps said:

no, in South Tyrol it would never happen...

and I also think that the area is protected by law, therefore they could not build an indoor track even if they wanted...;)

In that case: go South Tyrol :d (although I think IOC wouldn't like an outdoor rink)

2 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

In that case: go South Tyrol :d (although I think IOC wouldn't like an outdoor rink)

the problem is always the same...local people don't want even hear about the Olympic Games in their Region...

it's a no brainer in any case...there's no chance that the Games out there would even be proposed...

Edited by phelps