website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

17 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

no, the shameful "3-headed monster" has gone...

a more reasonable (but still improbable, senseless and I hope "hopeless") 2-headed monster with Milan and Cortina will now be proposed by the 2 regions involved (and if we can keep our National government out of this, it's only good for the bid itself and for the Sport in general)...

with no 5-star people in it, at least there's a remote chance they can do something...they are the cancer killing anything and anybody in this fu**in' Country...:facepalm::wall:

Some are guiltier than other, but at the moment it is not a matter of 5-star or not. The bid now should be retired, or at least the government must support whatever is CONI decision. And it looks like it is not going this way. I don't like the government too, definitely, but at the moment, in Italy, we just need normality, not superheroes.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

no, the shameful "3-headed monster" has gone...

a more reasonable (but still improbable, senseless and I hope "hopeless") 2-headed monster with Milan and Cortina will now be proposed by the 2 regions involved (and if we can keep our National government out of this, it's only good for the bid itself and for the Sport in general)...

with no 5-star people in it, at least there's a remote chance they can do something...they are the cancer killing anything and anybody in this fu**in' Country...:facepalm::wall:

I actually really liked the three city concept. Very efficient way of staging Olympics in an era of cost cutting.

For the Calgary bid there is talk of using venues in Edmonton and even in Whistler...

4 minuti fa, Nate River ha scritto:

I actually really liked the three city concept. Very efficient way of staging Olympics in an era of cost cutting.

For the Calgary bid there is talk of using venues in Edmonton and even in Whistler...

It's better an apocalipsis than this farce...

I was always under the impression Italy would get 2026 followed by Calgary 2030, just like 20 years earlier, with venues from 06/10 being used.

Calgary for sure probably has one fan in @hckosice

Edited by intoronto

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's better an apocalipsis than this farce...

Not exactly apocalyptic, but it's indeed pretty bad solution. :p The whole point of Olympics is gathering everyone (athletes, media, spectators, volunteers...) at the same place, or relatively same place. You might as well retire Olympics altogether and just have World championships with such ideas.

Why Calgary shouldn't host everything themselves? They have all the required venues as far as I know.

#banbestmen

17 minuti fa, Nate River ha scritto:

But they are nearly 400 km far away. The idea of a "national" olympics is not bad, but for summer olympic games, where a lot of team sport are in the programme and you can split them all-around the nation where locally they can involve the people because some local teams are in the best national league (and this would finally mean 16 teams tournament). But it honestly makes no sense for the winter games. Especially in Italy, where three quarters of people are excluded from winter sports. I would definitely support a summer olympic games split all over Italy, with team sports played all around the country and, in that case, some sport played in specific places in Italy for historical purposes.

In theory, something like this could also result into an upgrading of old venues in almost the whole country, but this is another story.

Edited by AlFHg

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I think we are slowly getting to the point in which the Olympics are not hosted by a city, but by a country. Sadly that day will come, no matter if we, like fans, like it or not. 

Better than having the likes of Turkey, China or Russia host them and using the Olympics only to showcase which leader has the biggest dick.

Spoiler

Expect China's Olympics to be insanely megalomaniac. Because China.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not exactly apocalyptic, but it's indeed pretty bad solution. :p The whole point of Olympics is gathering everyone (athletes, media, spectators, volunteers...) at the same place, or relatively same place. You might as well retire Olympics altogether and just have World championships with such ideas.

Why Calgary shouldn't host everything themselves? They have all the required venues as far as I know.

Only Ski jumping venue can't be found and that is proposed for Whistler. All other venues are in Calgary/nearby mountains. Edmonton was only proposed to save money on building a second arena, but that has been proposed to be built in Calgary now.