website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

• 1 month later...

It's now official that Sapporo drops its bid for 2026 Winter Olympics due to the consequences of an earthquake. Sapporo will now focus on the 2030 Winter Olympics instead. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/sports/sapporo-drops-2026-winter-olympics-bid-to-focus-on-2030

The big question is, will Noriaki Kasai continue his plan to compete in Sapporo?  He will "only" be 57 in 2030. :old:

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:facepalm:

Hoping Stockholm gets its shit together.

I hope so... It would be great to have a Winter Olympics in a Nordic country again. Though I fear Stockholm is going to drop its bid soon. Calgary's bid will end with a clear no in the referendum in November. 

The nigthmare is coming nearer. Erzurum would be...:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Nope, Europe is incapable. It's either Calgary or another dictatorship event.

Hello, Ezerum

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 hours ago, wumo26 said:

It's now official that Sapporo drops its bid for 2026 Winter Olympics due to the consequences of an earthquake. Sapporo will now focus on the 2030 Winter Olympics instead. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/sports/sapporo-drops-2026-winter-olympics-bid-to-focus-on-2030

The big question is, will Noriaki Kasai continue his plan to compete in Sapporo?  He will "only" be 57 in 2030. :old:

I am so sad about this, down goes the dream of my biggest sports hero ever :cry: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 ore fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

And the Italian bid is gone down :clap:

no, the shameful "3-headed monster" has gone...

a more reasonable (but still improbable, senseless and I hope "hopeless") 2-headed monster with Milan and Cortina will now be proposed by the 2 regions involved (and if we can keep our National government out of this, it's only good for the bid itself and for the Sport in general)...

with no 5-star people in it, at least there's a remote chance they can do something...they are the cancer killing anything and anybody in this fu**in' Country...:facepalm::wall: