website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

1 ora fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

Do you think the bid will survive (generally speaking, not just with this Milan thing) ?

sure, the bid will survive (and it's also a strong one, if the IOC changed the rules to make it "legal")...

I've read that the IOC idea was to award the 2026 Games to Italy and 2030 Games to Stockholm in the same session in 2019, so to keep up the pace with the Summer Games and to put themselves "safe" for a longer period (because they're really scared about all those European bids retired at the last moment after public consultations)...

1 minuto fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

This in only a farce, like all the italian bid from Rome 2020. I really haven't word about that, how  CONI accepted this? :facepalm:

probably the 5-star leaders threatened Malagò to cut funding off big time, I guess...

do like we want or we destroy everything...you know...it's their normal behaviour also for more serious things (look at ILVA's question, for expample)...

il y a 18 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

sure, the bid will survive (and it's also a strong one, if the IOC changed the rules to make it "legal")...

I've read that the IOC idea was to award the 2026 Games to Italy and 2030 Games to Stockholm in the same session in 2019, so to keep up the pace with the Summer Games and to put themselves "safe" for a longer period (because they're really scared about all those European bids retired at the last moment after public consultations)...

Stockholm is basically vaporware at that point...It won't happen.

If the italian bid survive, they will have it in the bag. But I don't share your optism, i beleive we won't see an european bid making the last stage (again)

for those who can read Italian, this is the "candidature file" our NOC has chosen...

http://torino.repubblica.it/cronaca/2018/08/01/news/olimpiadi_ecco_il_dossier_per_la_candidatura_2026-203164888/?ref=RHPPLF-BH-I0-C8-P2-S1.8-T1

p.s. funny fact...the Figure Skating venue should be a new facility built here in Milan...because using the only decent venue we have in Italy (Forum Milanofiori, where the last Figure Skating Worlds were held with great audience success) would be stupid...and guess what? it should be located just in front of the Sky Italia palace, one of the most dangerous areas of the entire city of Milan...:rofl::facepalm:

please, God...if you really exist, save us from this farce!

Edited by phelps

13 minuti fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

Stockholm is basically vaporware at that point...It won't happen.

If the italian bid survive, they will have it in the bag. But I don't share your optism, i beleive we won't see an european bid making the last stage (again)

trust me, I've been living all my life dreaming of a strong and serious Milan Summer Games bid...but now I'm old and experienced enough to know that it will never happen...

so, with my heart bleeding, I'm against all of this farce represented by these bids Italy has presented in the last years (and luckily gone missing for one reason or another, despite I really hate the people who killed that Olympic bids for other reasons, since they've done so many damages to the "normal" people living in this Country -and Mayor Virginia Raggi to those living in Rome in particular)...

as one of the biggest Olympic fans in this Country, I think the best chance for our Nation is to save money from this kind of events and enjoy the Games organized by other Countries that can easily make a good job for Sport and for the Olympic Games ideal...

p.s. good luck to Paris and France...I'm pretty sure that the 2024 Games will be wonderful...

Edited by phelps

il y a 21 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

trust me, I've been living all my life dreaming of a strong and serious Milan Summer Games bid...but now I'm old and experienced enopugh to know that it won't never happen...

so, with my heart bleeding, I'm against all of this farce represented by these bids Italy has presented in the last years (and luckily gone missing for one reason or another, despite I really hate the people who killed that Olympic bids for other reasons, since they've done so many damages to the "normal" people living in this Country -and Mayor Virginia Raggi to those living in Rome in particular)...

as one of the biggest Olympic fans in this Country, I think the best chance for our Nation is to save money from this kind of events and enjoy the Games organized by other Countries that can easily make a good job for Sport and for the Olympic Games ideal...

Honnestly, this bid feel strange from the beginning, a bit rushed and now spread too much for little purpose (other than balancing italian political scope I immagine). But don't worry, if they end up winning, it will be fine. It allways is.

I'd love to see Milan and Turin for a joint bid for the summer olympics though :p

I agree with other Italian users this is a farce:facepalm: Hope Italy don't lose the credibility (low) that still have!!!

Three city bids (rivals) will become one "strong" north Italy bid? :crazy:

There is only one person in Italy, that want "desperately" an olympics: the CONI president!!