website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

il y a 4 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Well then, what is a discipline, event and sport? If alpine skiing is an event in a sport, then slalom or classic style sprint are events in events? Olympception.. 

I guess, that means from a adminstrative ioc view there is no such thing anymore as "Alpine Skiing" ?

Spoiler

Perhaps :p

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Sport = The IF, any events under that IF =discipline. 

Well, whoever thought of that system wasn't the brightest of his/her class.

They can tell me all they want, but a world where alpine skiing and ski jumping are seen as one sport, but cross-country skiing and biathlon are not, is not a world where things make any sort of sense.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Heum...

Neither Ski Flying nor Telemark are new sports, but would be new disciplines inside an allready existing sport (skiing). It's not up to the host to propose that, but up to FIS. Dog sled racing is not recognised by the IOC and can't be proposed. That leaves only Bandy and possibly ski orienteering (Orientering is a recognised sport, but I don't know if goes for only summer orienteering or to skii orienteering as well). 

Ski flying would be a discipline yes , but telemark would be a new sport in the olympics. 

Norwegian IOC member Gerhard Heiberg has said that in the future host nations could get the ability to propose five new sports/events/disciplines. Heiberg then proposed ski flying , telemark , dog sled , ski orinenteering and bandy. 

il y a 1 minute, Skijumpingmaster a déclaré:

Ski flying would be a discipline yes , but telemark would be a new sport in the olympics. 

Norwegian IOC member Gerhard Heiberg has said that in the future host nations could get the ability to propose five new sports/events/disciplines. Heiberg then proposed ski flying , telemark , dog sled , ski orinenteering and bandy. 

He must be refering to the additional sports from Agenda 2020 that have been inaugurated with Tokyo 2020 right ? If so, this is only about news sports from new - recognised - federations.

Or, it's something new entirelly, and then I'm out.

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

He must be refering to the additional sports from Agenda 2020 that have been inaugurated with Tokyo 2020 right ? If so, this is only about news sports from new - recognised - federations.

Or, it's something new entirelly, and then I'm out.

I think it's something entierly new. He said the IOC wanted to make the olympics more suitable to more countries , and that apparently included the host nation adding five sports to their games. 

Heiberg said this to norwegian newspapers. 

I'm not 100% sure though. 

25 minutes ago, George_D said:

Innsbruck is dead after public vote so we have only Sion?

Innsbruck was dead a while, but the new talk for Austria is Graz/Schladming without a public vote. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!