Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckosice    1,014
10 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Yeeeesss Perrine ! :clap::champion:

I missed it :cry: (and biathlon)

I remember seeing her for the first time in Sochi when she was only 15 and now 4 years later she's Olympic champion :wub:

Congrats ! this result just made my day :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

orangeman    96

Out at the bar with an American friend watching and he randomly picks the "French one" and the "Cool looking green one" while I, in my infinite knowledge of the sport go with my Canadian girls.  He ends up with gold and bronze, me silver.  :d

Congrats to all involved, it was a high performance final!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

hckosice    1,014

Men´s Moguls Qualification 2  Start List

*Top 10 Skiers will qualify for the evenings Final (where they will be added to the already qualified 10 athletes from Qualification 1 held couple of days ago)

Nate River    80
4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Naude went for broke, why try the back-flip on the first jump? Everyone else stuck with the basic helicopter. Besides the turns are by far most important and the botched landing meant her challenge was over. The poor turns also affected Cox.

Because she didn’t want a medal, she wanted gold. I think it’s better to go for it and lose than it is to play it safe and lose.

• Like 1

Pavlo    47
6 godzin temu, Monzanator napisał:

Naude went for broke, why try the back-flip on the first jump? Everyone else stuck with the basic helicopter. Besides the turns are by far most important and the botched landing meant her challenge was over. The poor turns also affected Cox.

you see, the answer from above (from Canadian) shows us the difference between our mentality and mentality of true winners in some way. I thought a bit "safely" as you, his answer has shown me sth...i think we`re wrong...

Monzanator    7
5 godzin temu, Nate River napisał:

Because she didn’t want a medal, she wanted gold. I think it’s better to go for it and lose than it is to play it safe and lose.

2 godziny temu, Pavlo napisał:

you see, the answer from above (from Canadian) shows us the difference between our mentality and mentality of true winners in some way. I thought a bit "safely" as you, his answer has shown me sth...i think we`re wrong...

But the moguls aren't won on the jumps! They're won on the turns. Laffont gave away 1,2 pts to Dufour-Lapointe on the jumps but made it up on the turns. The difference between the two was the time (0.2 pts). Laffont had the most turns points in the final six and fourth-highest among all three rounds.

Btw, Galysheva had the most air points due to her signature front flip. If the moguls would be won on the jumps, she'd be a runaway gold medallist (and we'd see more women doing the front flip in general).

Nate River    80

The jumps matter. It’s only 20% of the score but a dificult and well executed air package can win you the event.

Andi Naude can’t out turn Lafonte, she has to roughly match her in turns *and* out score her in the air. She’s capable of it if everything goes well.

Also most people aren’t Kingsbury, the ability to tune the level of dificulty and speed of your run to the score you need to win isn’t something most athletes have (at least not in the way it looks almost automatic for Mike).

Pavlo    47
10 godzin temu, Monzanator napisał:

But the moguls aren't won on the jumps! They're won on the turns. Laffont gave away 1,2 pts to Dufour-Lapointe on the jumps but made it up on the turns. The difference between the two was the time (0.2 pts). Laffont had the most turns points in the final six and fourth-highest among all three rounds.

Btw, Galysheva had the most air points due to her signature front flip. If the moguls would be won on the jumps, she'd be a runaway gold medallist (and we'd see more women doing the front flip in general).

i meant risking and going for gold and not "defending the bronze" mentality, i like it

ofan    18

Wow, Gagnon almost doesn't even need to take another qualification run with the rate this competition is going :d . His first round score should be enough to make the final

Edited by ofan

ofan    18

It's crazy to see how much faster and more complex the men are with their jumps than the women