website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ofan:

I can't speak to number 1 because I did not see her run, but depending on her age, that is a great finish and could bode well for 2022. For the second question, the top 6 move onto the final round. 

Thanks, she is already 29 ... :p so i guess no. In ski jumping she would probably be called a junior, but in freestyle skiing most athletes of her age are probably retired for almost a decade by that age ...

It is pretty interesting that in freestyle skiing, artistic gymnastics, diving, snowboarding and figure skating mostly very young athletes dominate, i guess that is also the reason why germany is shit in those sports, you have to train very hard from a very early age on.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I just learnt that the german athletes don't get any public funding, so i think this result is good, is it safe to say that canadian athletes get a lot of funding?

fs skiing is the most funded winter sport... so yes

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ofan:

Wow! Shocking that Kauf did not advance.

Final will have 2 Canadians, 2 Aussies, 1 Kazakh and 1 French athlete competing for the medals

So no canadian sweep? My condolations.

4 different continents in top 6, name any other winter sport where that is the case ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

So now canadian sweep? My condolations.

4 different continents in top 6, name any other winter sport where that is the case ...

Speed skating today! 1st Netherlands 2nd Canada 3rd Norway 4th New Zealand 5th South Korea

vor 2 Minuten schrieb juddy96:

Speed skating today! 1st Netherlands 2nd Canada 3rd Norway 4th New Zealand 5th South Korea

Thanks, i know, it was a joke because of a comment by "Dennis" in this thread:

http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/761-speed-skating-at-the-winter-olympic-games-2018/&page=26