website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Nate River:

Well deserved gold from Cassie Sharpe, she had the best amplitude and the most difficulty. I'm usually not super impressed by women's ski halfpipe (I think it's the weakest of the ten "newschool" freestyle ski / snowboard events in the Olympics) but she delivered.

Amazing way for Marie Martinod to end her illustrious career, too. Respect to her.

She ended it before in 2006 ... so maybe we will see her again?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I'm not sure how that's any different than someone becoming a citizen of a different nation to have an easier time qualifying. The Olympics were never just about having the best, it's also about having a diverse field.

I guess they can have a rule where all athletes must score above 50 points in a certain number of competitions or something to prevent people from getting free points.

One can have doubts about Swaney being there I guess, but calling her a cheater is just nonsense. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

I guess you haven't seen the Hungarian. :p

:d 

I had not, but later I did :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One can have doubts about Swaney being there I guess, but calling her a cheater is just nonsense

So true, she literally did everything by the book to qualify. Olympic quota was rightfully hers, whatever the haters say.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

it says more about discipline when she with such performance managed to get a call

That's a general issue with the Winter Olympics. If there were quota restraints like in the Summer Olympics these events would be closer to 16-24 entrants than 24-30.