website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

10 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Yeeeesss Perrine ! :clap::champion:

I missed it :cry: (and biathlon)

I remember seeing her for the first time in Sochi when she was only 15 and now 4 years later she's Olympic champion :wub:

Congrats ! this result just made my day :)

Out at the bar with an American friend watching and he randomly picks the "French one" and the "Cool looking green one" while I, in my infinite knowledge of the sport go with my Canadian girls.  He ends up with gold and bronze, me silver.  :d

Congrats to all involved, it was a high performance final!

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Naude went for broke, why try the back-flip on the first jump? Everyone else stuck with the basic helicopter. Besides the turns are by far most important and the botched landing meant her challenge was over. The poor turns also affected Cox.

Because she didn’t want a medal, she wanted gold. I think it’s better to go for it and lose than it is to play it safe and lose.

6 godzin temu, Monzanator napisał:

Naude went for broke, why try the back-flip on the first jump? Everyone else stuck with the basic helicopter. Besides the turns are by far most important and the botched landing meant her challenge was over. The poor turns also affected Cox.

you see, the answer from above (from Canadian) shows us the difference between our mentality and mentality of true winners in some way. I thought a bit "safely" as you, his answer has shown me sth...i think we`re wrong...

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

5 godzin temu, Nate River napisał:

Because she didn’t want a medal, she wanted gold. I think it’s better to go for it and lose than it is to play it safe and lose.

2 godziny temu, Pavlo napisał:

you see, the answer from above (from Canadian) shows us the difference between our mentality and mentality of true winners in some way. I thought a bit "safely" as you, his answer has shown me sth...i think we`re wrong...

But the moguls aren't won on the jumps! They're won on the turns. Laffont gave away 1,2 pts to Dufour-Lapointe on the jumps but made it up on the turns. The difference between the two was the time (0.2 pts). Laffont had the most turns points in the final six and fourth-highest among all three rounds.

Btw, Galysheva had the most air points due to her signature front flip. If the moguls would be won on the jumps, she'd be a runaway gold medallist (and we'd see more women doing the front flip in general).