Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

hckosice

Luge FIL World Cup 2017 - 2018

Gianlu33    393
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

At least natural luge is something rather different, but all those sprint things...and the basically non-existing women's doubles...dear lord 

Natural luge is a nice sport whit only 3 strong countries (Italy, Austria and Russia). It will be cool if they will add the parallel events and not the classic events

heywoodu    1,177
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Natural luge is a nice sport whit only 3 strong countries (Italy, Austria and Russia). It will be cool if they will add the parallel events and not the classic events

That's the only real problem I have with it, but then again, artificial track luge isn't that much 'wider' (Germany, Russia, Austria/Italy somewhat, and then you're already coming to much smaller teams like Latvia, USA and Canada).

Gianlu33    393

After a lot of good placement (4th-5th) this week finally we are on the podium whit our B team! :woot::clap:

heywoodu    1,177
4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

After a lot of good placement (4th-5th) this week finally we are on the podium whit our B team! :woot::clap:

And with Robatscher nearly crashing in the last meters :d 

heywoodu    1,177

Also, thank Russia for that. They were 0.6 seconds (!) faster than Germany, until Bogdanov/Medvedev screwed up big time. 

dcro    1,017

Calgary track :hearts:

No idea why IBSF ignores it...

Nate River    16
2 hours ago, dcro said:

Calgary track :hearts:

No idea why IBSF ignores it...

While I like the Calgary track, I would say that if you where to only hold one IBSF world cup in Canada Whistler is the place to be. IMO Calgary is a better luge track than Whistler and Whistler is a better Bobsleigh / Skeleton  track than Calgary.

But obviously I would like the IBSF to hold world cups in Whistler and Calgary every year :p

Edited by Nate River

dcro    1,017

Sadly, it looks like :MDA Cepoi didn't appear in Calgary, even though he was on the Nations Cup start list. He was in a qualification position, but I guess now Moldova will fail to qualify in luge for the first time since 1998. :(

However, it does look like :GEO will qualify this time, what is kind of cool.

konig    194
16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sadly, it looks like :MDA Cepoi didn't appear in Calgary, even though he was on the Nations Cup start list. He was in a qualification position, but I guess now Moldova will fail to qualify in luge for the first time since 1998. :(

However, it does look like :GEO will qualify this time, what is kind of cool.

Is there a link to see the positions of that ranking?, i want to see where is Veronica Ravenna.

dcro    1,017

It's sad how luge commentators are clueless about how Olympic qualification works...

They actually say: "Most of the big nations will have 3 lugers per event, while smaller ones choose not to have more than 1 or 2." :facepalm:

Nate River    16
2 hours ago, dcro said:

It's sad how luge commentators are clueless about how Olympic qualification works...

They actually say: "Most of the big nations will have 3 lugers per event, while smaller ones choose not to have more than 1 or 2." :facepalm:

I think it’s like that because in practice the big countries qualify all the sleds they want up to the quota limit.

In bobsleigh / skeleton the comentators are much more aware of how qualification works because very few countries can have the max quota.