website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

At least natural luge is something rather different, but all those sprint things...and the basically non-existing women's doubles...dear lord 

Natural luge is a nice sport whit only 3 strong countries (Italy, Austria and Russia). It will be cool if they will add the parallel events and not the classic events

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Natural luge is a nice sport whit only 3 strong countries (Italy, Austria and Russia). It will be cool if they will add the parallel events and not the classic events

That's the only real problem I have with it, but then again, artificial track luge isn't that much 'wider' (Germany, Russia, Austria/Italy somewhat, and then you're already coming to much smaller teams like Latvia, USA and Canada).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

After a lot of good placement (4th-5th) this week finally we are on the podium whit our B team! :woot::clap:

And with Robatscher nearly crashing in the last meters :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, thank Russia for that. They were 0.6 seconds (!) faster than Germany, until Bogdanov/Medvedev screwed up big time. 

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Calgary track :hearts:

No idea why IBSF ignores it...

While I like the Calgary track, I would say that if you where to only hold one IBSF world cup in Canada Whistler is the place to be. IMO Calgary is a better luge track than Whistler and Whistler is a better Bobsleigh / Skeleton  track than Calgary.

But obviously I would like the IBSF to hold world cups in Whistler and Calgary every year :p

Edited by NearPup

Sadly, it looks like :MDA Cepoi didn't appear in Calgary, even though he was on the Nations Cup start list. He was in a qualification position, but I guess now Moldova will fail to qualify in luge for the first time since 1998. :(

However, it does look like :GEO will qualify this time, what is kind of cool.

#banbestmen

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

Sadly, it looks like :MDA Cepoi didn't appear in Calgary, even though he was on the Nations Cup start list. He was in a qualification position, but I guess now Moldova will fail to qualify in luge for the first time since 1998. :(

However, it does look like :GEO will qualify this time, what is kind of cool.

Is there a link to see the positions of that ranking?, i want to see where is Veronica Ravenna.

1 hour ago, konig said:

Is there a link to see the positions of that ranking?, i want to see where is Veronica Ravenna.

http://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/cupwcwomen-4.pdf

She hasn't had the best results, even one DNF. Qualification is pretty unlikely with only one more stage to go.

#banbestmen