website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

1 minute ago, phelps said:

"non dire gatto..." and you know the remaining part...:whistle:

awful second run by D-Fisch, going down in the final ranking from 1st to 6th...

at least, the final win didn't go to a German luger, since it was the Russian Pavlichenko to get the highest place on the podium...

second was the local hero and reigning World Champion, Wolfgang Kindl, after a very good comeback and 3rd, despite 2 ordinary runs, was Felix Loch, who doesn't seem to have started the season with his best shape (and sled)...

for Italy, the second best in the team was Kevin Fischnaller; decent 8th place at the end of the day for him...

not so good, on the other hand, Emanuel Rieder and Theo Gruber's races (only 21st and 18th, respectively)...

to be honest, I expected a lot more from our guys on this track, where they train very often...

p.s. I still think that a day race can't be scheduled in Igls at this time of the year...or the competitions are held after 9 p.m. or this entire event should just be scheduled for late December/early January...

right now, we can only watch unfair and "crazy" races...and this is not good for the sport and respectful for the athletes...

however...now, let's see how the team relay go...

I read only the results, I can't watched the 2nd run sadly..  what mistake he do?

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I read only the results, I can't watched the 2nd run sadly..  what mistake he do?

Not really anything, results were mostly influenced by the snow that got stronger towards the end. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

no major mistake...it was a question of blades...it was quite "hot" (relatively speaking, of course) and there was a light snowfall going on, so, as usual in this condition, our sleds were not so good...

that's why I wrote that Igls can't be a site good for WC competition so early in the season...it's quite unfair to the whole pack of lugers...

however, you can watch by yourself all the runs (D-Fisch starts his second run at 1h02min in the video)...

https://video.fil-luge.org/index.html

3 hours ago, Prashanth said:

Shiva Keshavan qualifies for the 6th Olympics......Proud moment for the Indians a truly brand ambassador and the lone flag bearer in upholding Winter sports in India.. 

Amazing news for India.. 6th Olympic's Games in a row.. wow!