website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

12 hours ago, Bohemia said:

Every decade before the 2010's has good and diverse music :d (in my opinion) But the 2010's are a musical disaster...

In my honest opinion, I do not think that 2010's is a musical disaster. There is a lot of wonderful music out there. The major difference is the change of mentality and generations. Basically, the good music rarely gets to the top of the charts/gets recognition that it deserves. So we are mostly flooded by what the 12-24 y.o. listens, a lot of that hip-hop garbbage where they don't even rhyme, don't even sing, their lyrics are always about the next bang, money, ethnicity and don't forget to repeat the N word throughout the song for 70 times as well and you have yourself a Billboard 100 top 1 hit. Another thing is that rock songs never break through into the mainstream charts and that pretty much goes for many genres like folk, alternative, jazz etc. They're filled with beautiful girls/boys singing pop and of course the edgy hip-hop songs. Well, before I write a 1000 word essay, I'll just get to the point. The music is still good, but you have to put more effort into finding it, because the millenials have poor taste.

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

In my honest opinion, I do not think that 2010's is a musical disaster. There is a lot of wonderful music out there. The major difference is the change of mentality and generations. Basically, the good music rarely gets to the top of the charts/gets recognition that it deserves. So we are mostly flooded by what the 12-24 y.o. listens, a lot of that hip-hop garbbage where they don't even rhyme, don't even sing, their lyrics are always about the next bang, money, ethnicity and don't forget to repeat the N word throughout the song for 70 times as well and you have yourself a Billboard 100 top 1 hit. Another thing is that rock songs never break through into the mainstream charts and that pretty much goes for many genres like folk, alternative, jazz etc. They're filled with beautiful girls/boys singing pop and of course the edgy hip-hop songs. Well, before I write a 1000 word essay, I'll just get to the point. The music is still good, but you have to put more effort into finding it, because the millenials have poor taste.

Ey don't go all American on us and just write 'nigger' instead of that all-American 'the N word' (or 'the F word' or 'the S word' like merely writing the word meant is a huge crime) :p 

Oh well, apart from all that, I guess this is the exact same for almost every generation. In general, people always say the next generation sucks compared to their own. Just like probably the generation of our parents would despise the music of our generation and our parents' parents despised the music of our parents' generation. It doesn't necessarily make the music worse, or make the taste of a generation worse. 'Millenials' (as far as that really exists) don't have poor taste, they just have a different taste than what you would say is good :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Ey don't go all American on us and just write 'nigger' instead of that all-American 'the N word' (or 'the F word' or 'the S word' like merely writing the word meant is a huge crime) :p 

Oh well, apart from all that, I guess this is the exact same for almost every generation. In general, people always say the next generation sucks compared to their own. Just like probably the generation of our parents would despise the music of our generation and our parents' parents despised the music of our parents' generation. It doesn't necessarily make the music worse, or make the taste of a generation worse. 'Millenials' (as far as that really exists) don't have poor taste, they just have a different taste than what you would say is good :p 

You make me remember Abe Simpson when he told to Homer about the music of each generation :p

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It doesn't necessarily make the music worse, or make the taste of a generation worse. 'Millenials' (as far as that really exists) don't have poor taste, they just have a different taste than what you would say is good :p 

I'm sorry, but you'll never prove to me that this is quality music:

[Chorus]
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang (Gucci gang)
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang (Gucci gang)

Ah yes, very promising lyrics indeed.

I got 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 M's in my bank account, yeah (On God)
In my bank account, yeah (On God)

As well as songs like Rockstar, Bodak Yellow and others of this genre. As a song-writer and lyricist, this fucking effortless shit is insulting.

Edit: I also remembered the "mumble rappers" where you don't understand a single word they say/sing and yet are still famous af.

Edited by Werloc

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

[Chorus]

As well as songs like Rockstar, Bodak Yellow and others of this genre. As a song-writer and lyricist, this fucking effortless shit is insulting.

:lol:

Well, that never made the rankings here anyway, so no problem here :p 

And of course I was talking in general, not about specific songs. In general, generation A will think generation B's music sucks, generation B will think generation C's music sucks and so on (as far as there even are specific generations, which I don't really buy). 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

:lol:

Well, that never made the rankings here anyway, so no problem here :p 

And of course I was talking in general, not about specific songs. In general, generation A will think generation B's music sucks, generation B will think generation C's music sucks and so on (as far as there even are specific generations, which I don't really buy). 

I think that the music is amazing, it's mostly the mainstream that sucks, which is why I blame the younger generation, cause it's they who are listening to it and making all of these douchebags famous. Which is why I'm happy that people like Adele or Ed Sheeran appear to blow the trash away once in a while. Right now I'm cheering for Portugal The Man - Feel It Still on Billboard :d

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

[Chorus]

Edit: I also remembered the "mumble rappers" where you don't understand a single word they say/sing and yet are still famous af.

Sorry (no offence intended) but your taste in music is bad (in my opinion)... I thought the Lithuanian song for this edition was the worst song entered from all the songs I have listened for all iterations of this contest.