Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

amen09

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

Bohemia    307
4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Oh well, apart from all that, I guess this is the exact same for almost every generation. In general, people always say the next generation sucks compared to their own. Just like probably the generation of our parents would despise the music of our generation and our parents' parents despised the music of our parents' generation. It doesn't necessarily make the music worse, or make the taste of a generation worse. 'Millenials' (as far as that really exists) don't have poor taste, they just have a different taste than what you would say is good :p 

Well, I'm 21 so I'm part of the generation that loooooves all the songs that are so popular but that I hate (I don't hate all of them but like 95% :lol:), but maybe I'm 40 in my head I don't know :lol: 

Werloc    887
2 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Wow, I had never seen things from this angle, but you're absolutely right! 

That's why I'm glad Spotify exists and shows you songs you could like according to what you listen to.

Or Spotify genre playlists in general :d Acoustic Folk music playlist? Where do I sign up?

Werloc    887
1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

Well, I'm 21 so I'm part of the generation that loooooves all the songs that are so popular but that I hate (I don't hate all of them but like 95% :lol:), but maybe I'm 40 in my head I don't know :lol: 

Truth be told, my age also fits in the category I described. It's just that younger people with a fine taste in music is a minority nowadays :d

Although, every single style has good and bad artists. For example, I was never much of a fan of electronic music, but there are some really good jams out there.

Bohemia    307
3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Truth be told, my age also fits in the category I described. It's just that younger people with a fine taste in music is a minority nowadays :d

Although, every single style has good and bad artists. For example, I was never much of a fan of electronic music, but there are some really good jams out there.

Exactly, I'm not a fan of rap music for example but sometimes I like songs that fit in that category :d (but the songs doesn't have to be only rap, the rapper has to sing (or there must be a singer who sings the chorus) and the music must be good (according to me ofc), stuff like that)

There are always exceptions, songs that you don't want other people to know you like :p 

Edited by Bohemia

Werloc    887
4 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Exactly, I'm not a fan of rap music for example but sometimes I like songs that fit in that category :d (but the songs doesn't have to be only rap, the rapper has to sing (or there must be a singer who sings the chorus) and the music must be good (according to me ofc), stuff like that)

There are always exceptions, songs that you don't want other people to know you like :p 

Oh yes, just like I'm ashamed that I enjoy "Love Galore" by SZA, which lyrically, is a song that goes against everything that I stand for in music, but has a very enchanting chorus melody :d

Edit: I also like the style behind the instrumental.

Edited by Werloc

konig    424
54 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Absolutely no :p Lithuanian song is in the my top 15 :d (So, no spoiler about votes :p).

One song was very awfull...

Its strange that in this occasion all find a clearly best song and clearly awfull song.

Bohemia    307

I honestly don't remember which song was the worst for me :lol: And I don't want to find out XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

konig    424
44 minutes ago, Werloc said:

THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even right now...

Me too, i dont realized that are many South Parks fans here!!

heywoodu    3,408
1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

I honestly don't remember which song was the worst for me :lol: And I don't want to find out XD

I do remember (sort of) which song I gave the lowest note I ever gave to any TO(I)SC song, which was not necessarily about the music itself, but 80% lyrics/message, 20% music :p 

Not sure exactly which song it was or from which country but I'm pretty sure it was Eastern European. 

Werloc    887
4 minutes ago, konig said:

Its strange that in this occasion all find a clearly best song and clearly awfull song.

There were a few 1 star songs for me this year, I wouldn't really want to go back to them in order to pick the worst one :d

• Haha 1

konig    424
2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

There were a few 1 star songs for me this year, I wouldn't really want to go back to them in order to pick the worst one :d

In this contest or in the last contest? :p

heywoodu    3,408
1 minute ago, konig said:

Me too, i dont realized that are many South Parks fans here!!

Talking about guilty pleasures, lately I've been listening to Mr Hankey's Christmas Classics :lol: :bowdown:

"Dead, dead, dead" is one of the most depressing Christmas songs ever (mostly talking about how one day you and everyone you've ever known will be dead anyway), but on the other hand it actually has kind of a good message ("enjoy life and the people close to you while you can, because someday you/they will be dead") :p 

I can sing (or at least in my mind :d) numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 plus Christmas Time in Hell, which I hadn't heard for many years until some weeks ago :p 

Spoiler

• Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.