website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

1 minute ago, konig said:

You take a big risky to put a very old song.

Maybe risky, but for me, the Open contests are about the old songs - to show how your country's music developed through ages. Next year I (if still alone representative) would go with much modern song unless I decide to nominate a unique all-girl band from Dunedin :hearts: 

This contests was average (the first Open was probably the most quality one if I remember well, maybe 2014 edition too). 

People don't have to pick famous songs but I hope more people would dig deep... for instance, France is still to show us their remarkable 1960s era :hearts: 

Just now, dcro said:

If anything, I'm pretty sure New Zealand's song is the oldest song entered so far? :mumble:

Just like the Uruguayan song is surely the shortest ever. :d

That would be fun statistics to do, shortest/longest ever and oldest songs entered :)

I am not sure if it is the oldest, but definitely among the oldest songs. I think the first one entered by Czech Republic was from early 1960s if not 1950s? 

40 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I think the first one entered by Czech Republic was from early 1960s if not 1950s? 

Marta Kubišová - Modlitba pro Martu is from August 1968, this song is considered as the symbol of national resistance against the occupation by the Warsaw pact troops in 1968

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Marta Kubišová - Modlitba pro Martu is from August 1968, this song is considered as the symbol of national resistance against the occupation by the Warsaw pact troops in 1968

Thanks for the info! :yes I forgot what the song was about, hence I thought it was a bit older (somehow I permuted years of Czechoslovakian and Hungarian uprising from 1956)

So, my song isn't the oldest one.