website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

:LAOSa Bai Dee - Lao Choir of Department of Performing Arts :LAO

Well since this is a sport forum, I thought why not try theme song from sport events. This song is used for SEA Games 2009 Laos opening ceremony and also many highlights show used this song.

There will the return of a live draw on thread to determine the voting order for the live show. This will take place on Tuesday, 7th November. As always I would appreciate anyone's help so if you want to take part in drawing the nations and their voting number then please mention here on thread and we can arrange a time. All are welcome to participate, thanks :)

Edited by OlympicIRL

13 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

There will the return of a live draw on thread to determine the voting order for the live show. This will take place on Tuesday, 7th November. As always I would appreciate anyone's help so if you want to take part in drawing the nations and their voting number then please mention here on thread and we can arrange a time. All are welcome to participate, thanks :)

I would definitely like to take part. :cheer:

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Count me in too

By the Numbers: 2017 TOISC

In less than two weeks, Tunisia is set to become the first African country ever to host the Totallympics International Song Contest and also the first non-European country to do so since Mexico hosted it in the Spring of 2014. Overall, this will be the 9th edition of TISC, and the 5th edition of Open. 35 countries are scheduled to take part, which equals the record from the "New" Totallympics. As much as 3 previous contests have had exactly 35 participants.

Open Divas
Out of 35 participating countries, only 2 of them have won TOISC previously. Ireland has won it twice, including the memorable win at the 2014 edition. Lithuania has won it once meanwhile, just like Sweden, which in turn hasn't participated in any TISC since the 2015 Annual. Lithuania's win in 2015 however came with the lowest points per jury average in history (3.95). To put that into perspective, this average would have put Lithuania only in 7th place at the very first TOISC in 2013. In fact, this average wouldn't have even put Lithuania onto the podium in any of the other 7 contests! Ireland's success at Open editions can hardly be matched though. They are the only ones who have never finished outside of top 10.

Newcomers and Comeback Kids
Uruguay will make its TISC debut, becoming the smallest South American country to take part. Overall, Uruguay is the 7th South American country that has joined the TISC family, consolidating South America's position as the second most represented continent. Uruguay is also the second nation that will make its debut in 2017, which surpasses 2016's number of debutantes by one. Meanwhile, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Spain and Turkey will all make their comebacks after missing one or more contests. Czech Republic has missed two Annuals thus far, but their record of never missing an Open will continue. Colombia and Turkey are coming back after missing the latest contest in Great Britain earlier this year, while Chile and Spain are coming back after missing the previous two contests. Estonia meanwhile is set to become the longest awaited nation which eventually made a return to TISC. They have missed the last 5 editions since making their debut at 2014 Open. The most notable absentee at this edition is Azerbaijan, which failed to register for the first time since TISC's introduction back in 2013.

Goals and Wishes
It's all about the personal bests at TISC Analytics. Here is a table with the required points for matching your PB (and required points for matching your average/worst performance).

N431sIqnTZaNfAxhHQHzuw.png

6Xg7ZqXKQdeY-UqfKxvYFA.png

Good luck everyone. Go Totallympics! Go Music!

#banbestmen

Em 11/4/2017 at 20:04, heywoodu disse:

I'm not sure it's my number 1 favourite, but it's really, really high up on my list as well :d 

Also because the melody and everything all sound so joyful :cheer:

:cheer: "Everybody has a happy glow, lets dance in blood and pretend its snow" :cheer:

My favorite song is the Mormon one, the "Dumb dumb dumb" song.

And the funniest thing was when i went to Salt lake city and visited the mormon temple there, where some of their "sisters" make you a tour of the "church", and i couldnt stop playing the south park song while they were explaining all their religion story xD

On 05/11/2017 at 15:07, OlympicIRL said:

Perhaps I'll make it. :)