website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

Am 10.10.2017 um 18:34 schrieb bestmen:

only few hours  @OlympicsFan :GER and :BUL 

Sorry, i completely forgot about it, now its sadly too late. I hope you guys will have a lot of fun (as you always do) and may the best song win ...

Maybe i will participate for the first time next year ...

This was my early favorite to represent Germany by the way:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 16/10/2017 at 02:36, Bohemia said:

I just listened to all of them and it's going to be hard to give points to 12 songs because there are only a few that I really liked. At least I know for sure which song is going to receive my 12 points, from the first seconds I knew it would be this one.

I take back what I said. A lot of songs are enjoyable! But it doesn't change the fact that it's hard to give points to only 12 songs :lol: 

22 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Sorry, i completely forgot about it, now its sadly too late. I hope you guys will have a lot of fun (as you always do) and may the best song win ...

Maybe i will participate for the first time next year ...

This was my early favorite to represent Germany by the way:

Germany could win easily with THIS

:GBR British votes have been sent!

I had a top 4 that I've really struggled to rank from 12-9, all of them have been added to my playlist.

This was probably the toughest vote I've ever had to make in the contest.

Edited by uk12points

Am 18.10.2017 um 20:37 schrieb bestmen:

Germany could win easily with THIS

That might be true, but when i decided to participate, i also decided that i will only consider german-language songs. If everyone picks english songs, this competition makes no sense in my opinion.

I also could have picked songs by Robin Schulz, Felix Jaehn, Zedd and so on ... but then this competition comes just down to "who wins" and i then i wouldnt be interested in it anymore, i think the aim should be to pick:

- lesser know artists from your home country that most foreign/non-german people would otherwise never hear of

- songs in the country's own language, because language is the key to understand other cultures and maybe some people will see that german can be a very nice-sounding language too

For example, this used to be one of my favorite songs when i was young and i still like it, but how exactly does it "represent" Germany? It could be from artists from any other country and you wouldn't hear the difference, so what is the point of entering it as a german song in a competition ... ?

I also could have picked this song, but it would have been the same problem ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.