website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yes, that's my point exactly. As much fun as TISC is, this is still first hand a sports forum and we shouldn't forget that.

As for sending reminders and such, I'm definitely guilty of this one, because I've tried to bring back people to the contest that used to participate a lot (even before the Totallympics website move), because I did not want them to miss out on the event.

As for inviting new users to the forum, I'm always making sure they know where they're going, but unfortunately, I haven't found a single one throughout the years (I only have 1 close friend that's interested in sports and he's been a member on Totallympics here before, a very funny story on how I've met him :d )

Finally, regarding all of the new users that had their first post registering to this contest, it is a clear sign that they know what they're going and where they're going and I believe they were informed about this contest on some other platform and hopefully they're participation in the forum activities does not end up being limited to TISC only.

When I first set foot on Totallympics (You left a comment & link of it in the comment section of some sports article), I was pretty much overwhelmed, I didn't really know where to start, there was no such thing as TISC, not even any Eurovision discussions were started, mostly sports results & discussions. I don't really remember how well I assimilated into Totallympics, (I remember that I didn't post a lot, because I didn't really know what to say, perhaps it was the prediction contests that helped me find myself here) I only remember it being a long process, before I was able to freely discuss on the topics that I cared about. Comparing it to my experience and seeing that they're posts don't extend outside of the TISC thread is pretty much a good indication to me what is the main priority of these users.

As for the bolded part, I think reminders are great because some users do not take part on the forum 12 months a year but with the reminder they come back for the TISC, and that's great. I can even help with that giving the organizer the emails or other contacts of the users they want to contact. And as I said, even contacting users who are active around the forum but did not ever take part in the contest is ok.

What worries me of those new users is not just that they do not take part in other threads of the forum, but that they do not even connect on Totallympics at all after they post their song. This would also mean some of them will of course not even vote, and in the worst case scenario their songs could even win (or be very well placed) in a Contest and they would not even know that.

6 minutes ago, Sindo said:

What worries me of those new users is not just that they do not take part in other threads of the forum, but that they do not even connect on Totallympics at all after they post their song. This would also mean some of them will of course not even vote, and in the worst case scenario their songs could even win (or be very well placed) in a Contest and they would not even know that.

Well, that is the issue that's usually solved with them forgetting to vote :d In any case, I don't think they magically found out about this forum and magically wound up in this thread and then magically disappeared without ever looking up a single thread that's not TISC related and I think that's on the morality of the user/s that are inviting them to take part. They need to ask themselves if they truly want completely inactive users posting 1 song and disappearing never to be seen again, especially when TISC is about bringing everyone together and actually participating in the festivities, not only participating to participate. Of course, I would like to be proven wrong with these users being active participants in the community well after TISC ends, but one can only hope.

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

@mrv86  your song/video has been blocked everywhere

Thank you for the info... it seems some error with the video itself.

If anyone else is having problems I'll put the following links (only audio, no video)

Link 1

Link 2

I'll update my original post shortly

hace 41 minutos, Sindo said:

As for the bolded part, I think reminders are great because some users do not take part on the forum 12 months a year but with the reminder they come back for the TISC, and that's great. I can even help with that giving the organizer the emails or other contacts of the users they want to contact. And as I said, even contacting users who are active around the forum but did not ever take part in the contest is ok.

Hey Sindo!
I'm actually not a great sports fan, but as I'm living in Tokyo and I'm going to be here wether I like them or not, so I wanted to know some stuff about the sports that were going to be played, and specially from normal people, not the official advertisment pages. I ended up here after google and following a couple of links. But yes, I got more interested with this thread than with the others cause I'm more a music fan than a sports fan.
If you think I should't participate, just let me know and I'll just watch, no offense taken.

:CHI CHILE :CHI

Totallympics community, I have the pleasure to present Chilean entry for this contest:

Camila Moreno - Lo Cierto

Lyrics: 

De tanta carne sin masticar 
Lluvia o rubi, se queda en sí, así no se puede dar 
Lo que está afuera es el final 
Yo no por tí, tú no por mi por dentro rugirá 

De tanta piedra quebradiza 
Vino a caer, lo imposible de nuevo por no ver 
Y si estamos despiertos pa' cuando llegue la mitad 
El le dirá todo lo cierto, su amor entero siempre llegara 
Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh 

De tanta carne sin masticar 
Lluvia o rubi, se queda en sí, así no se puede dar 
Lo que está afuera es el final 
Yo no por tí, tú no por mi por dentro rugirá 

El le dirá todo lo cierto, su amor entero siempre llegará 
El le dirá todo lo cierto, su amor entero siempre vivirá 
Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhh

hace 17 minutos, Matt said:

Hey Sindo!
I'm actually not a great sports fan, but as I'm living in Tokyo and I'm going to be here wether I like them or not, so I wanted to know some stuff about the sports that were going to be played, and specially from normal people, not the official advertisment pages. I ended up here after google and following a couple of links. But yes, I got more interested with this thread than with the others cause I'm more a music fan than a sports fan.
If you think I should't participate, just let me know and I'll just watch, no offense taken.

I think in your particular case it doesn't really matter because Argentina still has me and konig as long time representatives... so argentine participation is not in risk nor it is a "one-off" thing, which is what Sindo is talking about.

:IND India :IND

Ladies and gentlemen, this time around the Indian jury has the honour of presenting a modern rendition of one of the all time classics of Indian music. "Ekla Chalo Re" was penned by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore in 1905. Since its inception this song has inspired millions to continue his or her journey, despite lack of support from others. This song played a large role in Indian independence movement as well. There are numerous melodious renditions of this beautiful song. The rendition I have chosen is from 2012 and is sung by legendary actor Amitabh Bachhan. Apart from the modern touch in music provided by composers Vishal-Shekhar, the song is unique in the way it transitions seamlessly between Bangla (language in which original song was conceived), Hindi and English. 

Ekla Chalo Re (Walk Alone)

Spoiler

Lyrics with translation:

Open thy mind, walk alone

Be not afraid, walk alone

Jodi tor dak shune keu na ashe tobe ekla cholo re,
Jodi tor dak shune keu na ashe tobe ekla cholo re, Tobe ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo re.

Tobe ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo re.

(When they don't answer your call, walk alone,

Walk alone)

Jodi keu kotha na koe, ore ore o obhaga, keu kothana koi
Jodi shobai thake mukh firaee shobai kore bhoe, jodi shobaai thake mukh phiraae shobai kore bhoi
Tobe poran khule

Tobe poran khule
O tui mukh fute tor moner kotha ekla bolo re,

Jodi tor dak shune keu na ashe tobe ekla cholo re.

(When they are afraid, when they cower mutely facing the wall,

O thou unlucky one,

open your mind and speak out alone.

Speak out alone. 

When they don't answer your call, walk alone)

Jab kali ghata chaye, ore ore o andhera sach ko nigal jaye, 

Jab duniya saari darr ke aage sar apna jhukaye, 

Tu shola ban jaa, 

Wo shola ban ja, jo khud jal ke jahan roshan kar de

Ekla jalo re

Jo khud jal ke jahan roshan kar de

Ekla jalo re

(When dark clouds gather, when darkness engulfs the truth,

When the world bows its head to fear

O thou unlucky one,

become the thunder flame that burns itself to provide light to the world,

Burn alone.

When they don't answer your call, walk alone)

Edited by Dolby

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

:IND  India:IND

Ladies and gentlemen, this time around the Indian jury has the honour of presenting a modern rendition of one of the all time classics of Indian music. "Ekla Chalo Re" was penned by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore in 1905. Since its inception this song has inspired millions to continue his or her journey, despite lack of support from others. This song played a large role in Indian independence movement as well. There are numerous melodious renditions of this beautiful song. The rendition I have chosen is from 2012 and is sung by legendary actor Amitabh Bachhan. Apart from the modern touch in music provided by composers Vishal-Shekhar, the song is unique in the way it transitions seamlessly between Bangla (language in which original song was conceived), Hindi and English. 

Ekla Chalo Re (Walk Alone)

Lyrics with translation:

Jodi tor dak shune keu na ashe tobe ekla cholo re,
Jodi tor dak shune keu na ashe tobe ekla cholo re, Tobe ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo re.

Tobe ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo, ekla cholo re.

(When they don't answer your call, walk alone,

Walk alone)

Jodi keu kotha na koe, ore ore o obhaga, keu kothana koi
Jodi shobai thake mukh firaee shobai kore bhoe, jodi shobaai thake mukh phiraae shobai kore bhoi
Tobe poran khule

Tobe poran khule

(When they are afraid, when they cower mutely facing the wall,

O thou unlucky one,

open your mind and speak out alone.

Speak out alone. 

When they don't answer your call, walk alone)

Jab kali ghata chaye, ore ore o andhera sach ko nigal jaye, 

Tu shola ban jaa, 

Wo shola ban ja, jo khud jal ke jahan roshan kar de

Ekla jalo re

Jo khud jal ke jahan roshan kar de

Ekla jalo re

(When dark clouds gather, when darkness engulfs the truth,
When the world bows its head to fear
O thou unlucky one, 
become the thunder flame that burns itself to provide light to the world, 
Burn alone. 
When they don't answer your call, walk alone

Today y think in you to invite to the contest and you appear alone.......thanks!!

5 minutes ago, konig said:

Today y think in you to invite to the contest and you appear alone.......thanks!!

You can say this song has been an inspiration to me to continue taking part in these contests despite time constraints, low points in previous contests and being the only Indian participant. :)