website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

After much deliberation the Irish National Selection process is now complete. I have chosen the alternative rock group The Stunning to represent Ireland in Tunisia for this year's edition of TISC Open.

Perhaps little known outside Ireland, The Stunning were formed in Galway in 1987 before initially splitting up in 1994. Brothers Joe and Steve Wall would later go on to form another band, The Walls, in 1998 before The Stunning reformed once again in 2003.

I have gone back to 1990 however to find the song that will represent us in TISC Open 2017 this year. The sixth release from their album, Paradise in the Picturehouse, the song did not even enter the Irish charts upon release but nonetheless the Irish selection committee is very proud to present to you Brewing Up A Storm, hope you enjoy :)

main-qimg-b8ef91e95a3d1a3f95167c3b17c75d

IRELAND

The Stunning - Brewing Up A Storm

Brewing_Up_a_Storm.jpg

Brewing Up A Storm:

Honey if the truth hurts don't look it might go away
It's easy to pretend that life is a rosy bouquet
I don't need a platter, I'll take it straight from the shelf
Give it to me raw, I'll take it home and cook it myself

Brewing up a storm
Brewing up a storm
Brewing up inside and his eyes are wild and it can't go on
Brewing up a storm

Can't afford to lose touch, can't afford to lose control
The doors are open wide and the wind blows a bitter cold
Man holds a mystery, someone holds the key
It's a shame they're the same, the answer doesn't have to be

Brewing up a storm
Brewing up a storm
Brewing up a storm

Fire in his eyes, in his head, fire in his touch
But I can't shout fire 'cos I love you too much
The race is on, the message is in your soul
As a thousand thoughts a second now explode

Brewing up a storm
Brewing up a storm
Brewing up a storm

:POL  Poland :POL

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have honour to presented Polish entry for this year TISC Open Contest, the selected song is:

Patricia Kazadi, M. Pokora - Wanna Feel You Now

Lyrics:

Spoiler

I wanna serious thing, serious thing with you 
You're looking for the love, for the love 
I’m looking for too, yeah 

I’ve never fallen so fast 
But you're different
Now fall all over again for you baby 

If you tell me that it's allright 
If you tell me that it's ok 
I will let you know it’s allright 
I will let you know the same 

If you're tellin' me it's allright 
If you're tellin' me it's ok 

I wanna feel you now 
You wanna feel me now 
The way that we get down
I wanna feel you now 

So must like being with you 
Is slowing down time
And the way you rolled against me
Drives me out of my mind

I've completly fallen helpless
For the way that you are
I feel delirious 
I'm delirious 

I wanna serious thing, serious things with you 
You're looking for the love, for the love 
I’m looking for too, yeah 

I’ve never fallen so fast 
but you're different
Now fall all over again for you baby 

If you tell me that it's allright 
If you tell me that it's ok 

If you're telling me it's allright 
If you're telling me it's ok 

I wanna feel you now 
You wanna feel me now 
The way that we get down
I wanna feel you now 

Wanna see how we how we get down
Wanna see how we how we get get

I wanna feel you now 
Oh I wanna feel you now
You wanna feel me now 
The way that we get down
The way we get down
I wanna feel you now 

I wanna feel you now 
You wanna feel me now 
The way that we get down
I wanna feel you now

6 hours ago, bestmen said:

it's crazy to see that all the newcomers started by  this thread

that means the music  is much more attractive than sport :lol:

Or perhaps someone is marketing this forum for the TISC without reminding people that it's a sports forum as well :whistle:

This reminds me of the time when I was looking for new users to join when I was hosting and I kept asking "do you love music? Yes? Great! But do you like sports as well?" Long story short, people didn't really take the bait :d

:BRA  Brazil :BRA

We chose an old song from a famous brazilian pop singer. His songs are usually the soundtrack of soap operas and are among the most played on the radio. Although his current songs are mostly in Portuguese, he began his career as a singer and songwriter with songs in english such as this.

Tiago Iorc - Nothing But a Song

Lyrics

I read your mind a thousand times
Exempt myself from alibis
Surrender to me softly
You're trying to find a different side on me

You see this life
As nothing but a song without no rhyme

Hum dap dararah
Hum dap dararah oh

Devote myself with compromise
Selfishly lying, giving bad advice
Surrender to me once again
You're trying to find a boy inside a man

You ask me why
We suffocate our lives beneath the sky

Hum dap dararah
Hum dap dararah oh

Maybe we're losing all reason in our silly fights
Maybe this time it'll seem right
I wanna tell you about 
The day we first met and
How I feel when you're holding me tight
Oh, And how you've changed my life

Hum dap dararah
Hum dap dardrah oh

18 hours ago, Werloc said:

Or perhaps someone is marketing this forum for the TISC without reminding people that it's a sports forum as well :whistle:

This reminds me of the time when I was looking for new users to join when I was hosting and I kept asking "do you love music? Yes? Great! But do you like sports as well?" Long story short, people didn't really take the bait :d

I agree, and I think in the future we should at least think about adding a rule which would allow only "real" users to take part in the contest. With "real" I mean users who are registered on the forum by at least X days/weeks or with at least X posts around the forum.

We could even find users from Cook Islands or San Marino if it's just to register and post a song from their nation, but I don't think that's the aim of the contest and it is better to have some countries less but with all real users rather than having nations represented just by an user who registered, posted the song and never came back on the forum (and it would be even worst if one of them win the contest one day).

I think reminders to users are great because some users are away from the forum for some periods, contacing active users who still have not registered for the contest is ok too, but to find new users from nations not represented just to increase the number might be dangerous because there is no point in bringing users who are not interested in Totallympics at all but just come here for the contest. It should be the other way around, when the forum grows and has more nations represented around the whole forum, automatically more nations will be represented in the TISC.

I don't want to enter into the organization of the TISC but it is just a suggestion for those of you who organize :yes

8 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I agree, and I think in the future we should at least think about adding a rule which would allow only "real" users to take part in the contest. With "real" I mean users who are registered on the forum by at least X days/weeks or with at least X posts around the forum.

We could even find users from Cook Islands or San Marino if it's just to register and post a song from their nation, but I don't think that's the aim of the contest and it is better to have some countries less but with all real users rather than having nations represented just by an user who registered, posted the song and never came back on the forum (and it would be even worst if one of them win the contest one day).

I think reminders to users are great because some users are away from the forum for some periods, contacing active users who still have not registered for the contest is ok too, but to find new users from nations not represented just to increase the number might be dangerous because there is no point in bringing users who are not interested in Totallympics at all but just come here for the contest. It should be the other way around, when the forum grows and has more nations represented around the whole forum, automatically more nations will be represented in the TISC.

I don't want to enter into the organization of the TISC but it is just a suggestion for those of you who organize :yes

Yes, that's my point exactly. As much fun as TISC is, this is still first hand a sports forum and we shouldn't forget that.

As for sending reminders and such, I'm definitely guilty of this one, because I've tried to bring back people to the contest that used to participate a lot (even before the Totallympics website move), because I did not want them to miss out on the event.

As for inviting new users to the forum, I'm always making sure they know where they're going, but unfortunately, I haven't found a single one throughout the years (I only have 1 close friend that's interested in sports and he's been a member on Totallympics here before, a very funny story on how I've met him :d )

Finally, regarding all of the new users that had their first post registering to this contest, it is a clear sign that they know what they're going and where they're going and I believe they were informed about this contest on some other platform and hopefully they're participation in the forum activities does not end up being limited to TISC only.

When I first set foot on Totallympics (You left a comment & link of it in the comment section of some sports article), I was pretty much overwhelmed, I didn't really know where to start, there was no such thing as TISC, not even any Eurovision discussions were started, mostly sports results & discussions. I don't really remember how well I assimilated into Totallympics, (I remember that I didn't post a lot, because I didn't really know what to say, perhaps it was the prediction contests that helped me find myself here) I only remember it being a long process, before I was able to freely discuss on the topics that I cared about. Comparing it to my experience and seeing that they're posts don't extend outside of the TISC thread is pretty much a good indication to me what is the main priority of these users.