Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Maxim Fastovsky

Future Sporting Events

Today after the announcement of Paris 2024 and LA 2028 more came out about 2026 Winter Games with some speculations that USA might try to bid for those as well (in either Salt Lake City or Denver)

Honestly i feel like it's a big mistake, we already have 2028 Olympics AND 2026 FIFA World Cup (only competition is Morocco)

De_Gambassi    85
Il y a 4 heures , Maxim Fastovsky a déclaré:

Today after the announcement of Paris 2024 and LA 2028 more came out about 2026 Winter Games with some speculations that USA might try to bid for those as well (in either Salt Lake City or Denver)

Honestly i feel like it's a big mistake, we already have 2028 Olympics AND 2026 FIFA World Cup (only competition is Morocco)

Honnestly, if no european city manages to reach the final bidding stage like in 2022, it will be for anyone not called Almaty to take. Might not be a bad idea actually.

I believe, we will see a french bid for the WOG possibly as early as 2034 or most likely 2038 (my personnal pick beeing Nice).

intoronto    136

Almaty is interesting in that it lost to Beijing. If a European or N/a bid presents itself, Almaty will not win (and that is a real shame, because Almaty would be a new market and has all venues besides the sliding track done).

dcro    779

2026 bidding doesn't look bad thus far, with :CAN Calgary, :SUI Sion, :NOR Lillehammer, :AUT Innsbruck as potential bidders (accoring to Wiki)

But then again, i don't believe in any Swiss bid... Or Norwegian.

Gianlu33    298
2 hours ago, dcro said:

2026 bidding doesn't look bad thus far, with :CAN Calgary, :SUI Sion, :NOR Lillehammer, :AUT Innsbruck as potential bidders (accoring to Wiki)

But then again, i don't believe in any Swiss bid... Or Norwegian.

Our sport minister speak about a possible italian-austrian bid. I haven't idea if it is only a political move or what.

Vojthas    14
4 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Our sport minister speak about a possible italian-austrian bid. I haven't idea if it is only a political move or what.

The Innsbruck bid is in fact Innsbruck-Tirol, but so far it refers to Austrian citites of Seefeld, Kühtai and St. Anton am Arlberg as well as German Inzell. No word on Italy for now. On 15th of October there will be a referendum in Tirol during Austrian parlamentary election.

Adding to the list of @dcro there are also :KAZ Almaty, :JPN Sapporo and :TUR Erzurum interested in 2026 Olympics.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this