website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2017

hckošice

"Ash-Leet Molman-Paasio, I know nothing about her."

"Linda Villumsen is another great time trialist from New Zealand. No wonder since they have excellent male time trialists."

Ok, I'm muting this now. Better with no sound.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Van Vleuten :wub::bowdown:

So incredibly good to see her take this huge prize after the drama in Rio (for those who forgot: well in the lead in the final lap, then had a horrendous, nearly neck-breaking fall in the downhill where at first people thought she might not survive). She was rather emotional after the interview: "I was wearing these earrings in Rio as well and my mom said they gave me luck, because I survived. I got them from my dad (who isn't alive anymore), so when we saw each other after the race, we both looked up to the sky for a bit." :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, why was the women's time trial so incredibly short? I know it was a tough one with the hills, but come on, 21km/less than half an hour for an elite world champs time trial instead of some junior race..?

And only 31km for the men, that's a joke.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Anyway, here's the start list for today:

http://tissottiming.com/File/00030E0105010701FFFFFFFFFFFFFF01

13 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Hamish Bond taking part!

8 times world champion, 2 Olympic golds...

Yep, this could be interesting, although at the Oceania champs earlier this year he was over a minute behind two cyclists I had never heard of before :p  (he got odds of 251 at bookmakers for today)

Although it's definitely cool that such a huge legend switches to cycling and qualifies for world champs already! 

Edited by heywoodu