2018 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women's World Championship Division I Group B
In Katowice, :POL , 6-12 January 2018

Thursday January 11th, 2018 -

Round-Robin Day 4 Results (GMT +1)

13:00  :DEN Denmark  9 - 1  Australia :AUS

16:30  :POL Poland  1 - 3  France :FRA  

20:00  :GBR Great Britain  1 - 4  China :CHN

Provisional Standing After Day 4

1. Denmark 12 pts, 2. France 12 pts, 3. Poland 6 pts, 4. China 3 pts, 5. Great Britain 3 pts, 6. Australia 0 pts.

2018 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women's World Championship Division I Group A
In Asiago, :ITA , 8-14 January 2018

Thursday January 11th, 2018 -

Round-Robin Day 3 Results (GMT +1)

13:30  :JPN Japan  5 - 0  Austria :AUT

17:00  :SVK Slovakia  2 - 0  Norway :NOR 

20:30  :ITA Italy  2 - 3  Hungary :HUN

Provisional Standing After Day 3

1. Japan 9 pts, 2. Slovakia 9 pts, 3. Italy 3 pts, 4. Austria 3 pts, 5. Hungary 3 pts, 6. Norway 0 pts.

Big day tomorrow in the Womens Under 18 program. The penultimate day of the top division, penultimate day in the Division I A and the final day in the Division I B is all scheduled tomorrow.

Here the schedule of Friday 12th January 2018

2018 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women's World Championship
In Dmitrov - Moscow Region, :RUS , 6-13 January 2018

Friday January 12th, 2018 -

Knock-Out Round Day 2 Schedule (GMT +3)

Semifinals

15:30  1A-QF1  :USA United States vs Canada :CAN    (in Arena A)

19:30  2A-QF2  :SWE Sweden vs Russia :RUS   (in Arena A)

*Direct Elimination games,

**The winners will qualify for the Gold Medal Match and losers to the Bronze Medal Match

5th-6th Place Match

19:30  :CZE Czech Republic vs Finland :FIN    (in Arena B)

Direct Match for the 5th and 6th place, the winner will be ranked 5th and losing team 6th at this years tournament.

Relegation Round (Game 2)

15:30  4B-3B  :SUI Switzerland vs Germany :GER    (in Arena B)

*Game 2 of the Relegation Series. After the first match, Switzerland is leading the series 1-0, which means if SUI win this game they will win the whole series and stay in top division also for the next edition, Germany will be relegated back to the Division I Group A 2019. If Germany win this match, they will tie the series 1-1 and a 3rd decisive match will be necessary the next day between the two teams.

LIVESTREAM

HERE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round-Robin Day 4 Schedule (GMT +1)

13:30  :NOR Norway vs Japan :JPN

17:00  :HUN Hungary vs Austria :AUT 

20:30  :SVK Slovakia vs Italy :ITA

LIVESTREAM

NOR vs JPN

HUN vs AUT

SVK vs ITA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round-Robin Final Day Schedule (GMT +1)

13:00  :CHN China vs Australia :AUS

16:30  :FRA France vs Denmark :DEN  

20:00  :POL Poland vs Great Britain :GBR

*France vs Denmark, the Direct match for the gold medal and promotion for the Division I Group A next year, the winner of the match will gain the title and the spot for the Div I A tournament next year.

**China and Australia are all still playing for the maintain. Great Britain can still be eventually counted in a mini-tie break table of 3 points teams, but mathematically is impossible for them to finish behind China and Australia, so de facto they are already saved.

***Australia with the worst position so far, only a regular time win over China can save them another year in this division (and if possible by the higher score possible otherwise they´ll need also a help for GBR to win at least one point against Poland). any other result than 3 points will immediately send down Australia.

****China need at least one single point against Australia to maintain in this category and send Australia down to the qualification tournament next year, in case of lose in regular time, they will need the help of Poland to win in regular time over GB.

LIVESTREAM

CHN s AUS

FRA vs DEN

POL vs GBR

Knock-Out Round Day 2 Results (GMT +3)

Semifinals

15:30  1A-QF1  :USA United States  GWS4 - 3  Canada :CAN    (in Arena A)

19:30  2A-QF2  :SWE Sweden  2 - 1  Russia :RUS   (in Arena A)

Gold Medal Match: United States vs Sweden

Bronze Medal Match: Canada vs Russia

5th-6th Place Match

19:30  :CZE Czech Republic  1 - 2  Finland :FIN    (in Arena B)

Finland finish the tournament in 5th place, the Czech Republic in 6th place.

Relegation Round (Game 2)

15:30  4B-3B  :SUI Switzerland  3 - 0  Germany :GER    (in Arena B)

Final Series Standing:

Switzerland - Germany  2-0

Switzerland won the Relegation Round is ranked 7th and will stay in the Women´s Under 18 Top Division also for the next year.

Germany finished 8th and will be relegated next year for the Women´s Under 18 Division I Group A Tournament.

Round-Robin Final Day Results (GMT +1)

13:00  :CHN China  OT2 - 1  Australia :AUS

16:30  :FRA France  0 - 2  Denmark :DEN  

20:00  :POL Poland  2 - 0  Great Britain :GBR

Final Standing

1. Denmark 15  :DEN  :champion:

Qualified for the Women´s Under 18 Division I Group A World Championships 2019

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. France 12

3. Poland 9

4. China 5

5. Great Britain 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Australia 1

Relegated for the Women´s Under 18 Division I Group B Qualification 2019

Round-Robin Day 4 Results (GMT +1)

13:30  :NOR Norway  0 - 5  Japan :JPN

17:00  :HUN Hungary  0 - 1  Austria :AUT 

20:30  :SVK Slovakia  OT5 - 4  Italy :ITA

Provisional Standing After Day 4

1. Japan 12 pts, 2. Slovakia 11 pts, 3. Austria 6 pts, 4. Italy 4 pts, 5. Hungary 3 pts, 6. Norway 0 pts.

Tomorrow the Final day of the Top Division, so tomorrow we will know the name of the U18 Womens World Champion 2018, Either of USA or Sweden

Here the schedule of Saturday 13th January 2018

Saturday January 13th, 2018 -

Knock-Out Round Final Day Schedule (GMT +3)

Gold Medal Match

19:30  :USA United States vs Sweden :SWE    (in Arena A)

Bronze Medal Match

15:30  :RUS Russia vs Canada :CAN    (in Arena A)

LIVESTREAM

HERE

WOMEN´S UNDER 18

DIVISION I GROUP B

98b402fc92.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark earns promotion

WW18 Div. I B hotly contested vs. France

26230165_10155862670065900_8357603833907

The Danish women’s under-18 hockey team is returning to Division I Group A for the second time after a sound 2-0 win over France to earn first place in the round-robin standings of the 2018 IIHF Ice Hockey U18 Women’s World Championship Division I Group B in Katowice, Poland, on Friday.

The Danes finished with a perfect 5-0 record while France lost only the last game in an otherwise impressive tournament. Last year, the Danes lost to Italy, 4-1, on the final day of competition to finish in second place and remain in I-B while the Italians moved up. This year, Denmark vowed to do things differently, and thanks to the determination of 13 returning players, they did.

“We’re really happy now,” enthused Sophie Damgaard. “A lot of the girls played together last year. We knew what went wrong last year. We were too nervous at the start, and we didn’t get into the game in the beginning. This year we focused on what went wrong last year and tried to make it better this year. And it worked!”

The French, meanwhile, remain in Division IB another year. They were demoted only last year, for the second time in a row, after competing in the top level in 2016.

“As a team, I’m extremely proud of what we accomplished,” said Marguerite Lafitte, who plays in England during the year. “All the hard work we put into the game. Of course, the end result today wasn’t what we wished for, but we’re still happy with the silver medal. We have quite a young team, so I’m excited to see what the younger girls are going to do next year. I wish them all the best.”

Signe Jensen gave the Danes exactly the start they needed. Her bad angle shot to the short side of Justine Crousy Theode found the net at 4:25.

“It was a very big relief to get the first goal, which was the most important for the game,” Damgaard noted. “It came fast, which was good for us.”

The Danes had the better of play in the period and made it 2-0 late on a power play. This time, a great pass from the point by Kristine Melberg found Julie Oksbjerg to the back side, and her shot also to the short side at 17:50 proved to be a huge goal.

The French came out with greater purpose in the second but couldn’t get on the board. Early on Faustine Bauer hit the crossbar, and later captain Margot Desvignes made a couple of fine rushes but couldn’t beat Martine Terrida.

“We were nervous because the pressure was great,” Lafitte explained of the team’s slow start. “It wasn’t just another game. This was the first time we had a chance to move up to the next division, but we knew Denmark was good. They scored a lot more goals than us this tournament.”

The third period was a contract is ambitions. The French had to press for two goals and the Danes wanted only to kill the clock. The result was some tense moments for Denmark. Led by Desvignes, France had 10 of its 22 shots in the final period, but Terrida held the fort in goal.

“In the third period we got a little nervous,” Damgaard admitted. “We focused on the defence because we didn’t need any more goals; we just had to prevent them from scoring.”

Even a late power play with Crousy Theode on the bench couldn’t give France the offense needed, and the game ended 2-0.

“Poland and France played yesterday evening and a lot of us stayed to watch the game,” Damgaard revealed. “So today in the pre-game meeting we focused on how they played and their system, so we were ready and knew how they’d play.”

“We were sloppy and undisciplined in the first period,” Lafitte summarized. “We gave Denmark too many chances, and they scored, which gave them confidence. After that, we pumped ourselves up and we were more motivated. We gave it everything we had. It’s disappointing, but we’re still proud.”

Denmark finished with the top five scorers in the tournament, not surprising given it scored 30 goals and allowed only three, both tops among the six teams. Amanda Refsgaard led the way with four goals and ten points while Oksbjerg was second with eight points.

The French were second in both offence and defence, scoring 16 and allowing only 6 goals.

The final match of the tournament saw hosts Poland shut out Great Britain, 2-0, to finish in third place with three wins and two losses. China finished in fourth and Great Britain fifth.

Australia finished in last place. It managed only one point, that after taking China to overtime before losing yesterday. The Aussies are new to women’s U18 hockey, though, having first competed in the qualification event in 2016 and 2017, winning last year to earn one of the six spots in I-B this year. They will now be relegated for 2019, though.

Almost immediately, the Danes have a new goal, a new ambition. “This year we’re going to lose a lot of players, so the team will be a lot different next year, but we’re going to do our best to stay up in that division,” Damgaard promised.

Results Thread HERE

Saturday January 13th, 2018 -

Knock-Out Round Final Day Results (GMT +3)

Gold Medal Match

19:30  :USA United States  9 - 3  Sweden :SWE    (in Arena A)

Bronze Medal Match

15:30  :RUS Russia  1 - 5  Canada :CAN    (in Arena A)

Final Standing

1. United States  :USA  :champion:

2018 Women´s Under 18 World Champion

2. Sweden

3. Canada

4. Russia

5. Finland

6. Czech Republic

7. Switzerland

8. Germany

Relegated for the Women´s Under 18 Division I Group A 2019

AR4_1404.jpg?height=550&width=750