website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Lower Divisions World Championships 2018

hckošice

6 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Interesting outcome,even though Serbia beat them 9:2 last year.

Well, the opening matches are never easy, never. There too many factors that can easily happens in the first games, all teams are still at full forces and ambitions and the small teams are able to always make the life hard to the favs, just look at Slovenia in Div I A, 1-2 conceded easy goals from GB and today Poland and there huge sudden unexpected troubles to even fight for the stay in this division instead of fighting for the expected promotion. 

so for me very important and good start for :SRB now just keep the pace guys and go finally for this Division I, so deserved after many many close failures :cheer:

2018 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group B
In Kaunas, :LTU , 22-28 April 2018

Monday April 23rd, 2018 -

Round-Robin Day 2 Results (GMT +3)

12:30  :UKR Ukraine  0 - 2  Estonia :EST

16:00  :JPN Japan  4 - 3  Croatia :CRO

19:30  :LTU Lithuania  8 - 3  Romania :ROU

Provisional Standing after Day 2:

1. Lithuania 6 pts, 2. Japan 5 pts, 3. Estonia 4 pts, 4. Ukraine 3 pts, 5. Croatia 0 pts, 6. Romania 0 pts.

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well, the opening matches are never easy, never. There too many factors that can easily happens in the first games, all teams are still at full forces and ambitions and the small teams are able to always make the life hard to the favs, just look at Slovenia in Div I A, 1-2 conceded easy goals from GB and today Poland and there huge sudden unexpected troubles to even fight for the stay in this division instead of fighting for the expected promotion. 

so for me very important and good start for :SRB now just keep the pace guys and go finally for this Division I, so deserved after many many close failures :cheer:

if we don't make it now, don't know when we will :d

2018 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A
In Budapest, :HUN , 22-28 April 2018

Monday April 23rd, 2018 -

Round-Robin Day 2 Results (GMT +2)

16:00  :SLO Slovenia  2 - 4  Poland :POL

19:30  :ITA Italy  2 - 3  Hungary :HUN

Provisional Standing after Day 2:

1. Kazakhstan 3 pts, 2. Great Britain 3 pts, 3. Italy 3 pts, 4. Poland 3 pts, 5. Hungary 3 pts, 6. Slovenia 0 pts.

28 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

if we don't make it now, don't know when we will :d

There definitely a chance this year for sure. On paper it may appear for a battle between Serbia and the Netherlands with a slim advantage for the dutch because of home ice and eventually larger experiences, but yeah, this is hockey, so everything can happen on that specific day :yes

MEN´S DIVISION I

GROUP B

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

2018-IIHF-Competition_Logo-Horizontal_co

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 2 RECAP

Monday 23rd April, 2018

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UKRAINE - ESTONIA   0-2

HIGHLIGHTS

Spoiler

JAPAN - CROATIA   4-3

HIGHLIGHTS

Spoiler

LITHUANIA - ROMANIA   8-3

HIGHLIGHTS

Spoiler

3 ore fa, lapaj ha scritto:

Did you see the Kaz-Hun match? That was not as simple as it seems!

unfortunately, I watched only parts of that match...

and of course things might have gone quite different than suggested by the final score...but still, I don't think that Hungary are even close to the team they were 2 or 3 years ago...

however, tonight I have to eat my own words about Italy and their backcourt...they played very bad on defence and Bernard (supposed to be our superstar, after the great season he had in the top Finnish league) wasn't at all the good goalie we always need to come up with some points (meanwhile we did show once again all of our offensive troubles...there's just no talent enough in our players)...

this means that we can immediately stop dreaming of an unexpected promotion and get back thinking about how we can save our a**...

in any case, congrats to HUN for taking advantage of all the favourable circumstances of tonight's match and getting a not undeserved win...

p.s. I'm really curious to see how this tournament develops in the next few days...we've already had some really unexpected results...and I think we're far from being over in that sense...

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

unfortunately, I watched only parts of that match...

and of course things maight have gone quite different than suggested by the final score...but still, I don't think that Hungary are even close to the team they were 2 or 3 years ago...

however, tonight I have to eat my own words about Italy and their backcourt...they played very bad on defence and Bernard (supposed to be our superstar, after the great season he had in the top Finnish league) wasn't at all the good goalie we always need to come up with some points (meanwhile we did show once again all of our offensive troubles...there's just no talent enough in our players)...

this means that we can immediately stop dreaming of an unexpected promotion and get back thinking about how we can save our a**...

in any case, congrats to HUN for taking advantage of all the favourable circumstances of tonight's match and getting a not undeserved win...

p.s. I'm really curious to see how this tournament develops in the next few days...we've already had some really unexpected results...and I think we're far from over in that sense...

Kazaks were not as strong as you think! Italy has all the chance to be promoted. After the second round there would be only one team with 6 pts. and four teams  would have three (including Italy). Tough group.